• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirTran has announced service to Bermuda . . . . and added more flights to San Juan. San Juan service now from MCO, TPA, ATL and BWI.

You (SWA) guys wouldn't like that San Juan stuff. Once, my broken spanglish resulted in a plate of goat stew. (Not ba-a-a-a-d, either). :laugh:

AirTran has announced service to Bermuda . . . . and added more flights to San Juan. San Juan service now from MCO, TPA, ATL and BWI.

You (SWA) guys wouldn't like that San Juan stuff. Once, my broken spanglish resulted in a plate of goat stew. (Not ba-a-a-a-d, either). :laugh:

Oh man, you sound like such a female hygiene product trying to be one of 'da boyz now. Gag me.

Everyone knows a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Meow. Here kitty kitty.

Yep... Gag him....like Marsellus Wallace in "Pulp Fiction". I wouldn't think he would be in to that sort of thing but his obsession with Ty is making me think twice.

Hey, Bobby, I think you wasted your ten bucks joining FI. No one is buying what you're selling. :laugh:

Last edited:
OY6

You are right and and are much better off where you are.

I am very envious of you. Because you are so very smart and provide such such awesome information and insight. And because you have the very best job in the industry.

Does that make you feel better?

BD32

Does that make me feel better? No. Does it validate my reason to leave crappy corporate flying and try a new career at a Major with great potential? Yes. I feel very lucky to be in my position, and not back at UAL or corporate. And, if you want to feel the same way, I might suggest you look into DAL when hiring resumes probably late this year or early next.

OYS

Gup has it exactly right.

Being at Southwest now is like being hired at Delta before they went internationally. This isn't rocket science.

Red,

Don't compare SWA to DL, especially internationally. Not only does that not JIVE with SWA's profitable business plan, but if SWA tried to fly Internationally on a larger scale (not 737s), every other worldwide LCC would jump in too (Ryanair, Easyjet, etc), and flood the market. They are just as successful in Europe as SWA is over here. Don't get ahead of yourself here. You haven't even seen the delays in ATL that you will be facing. No short approaches, no inboard runway landings, no cutting off people on taxiways, 10 min waits to cross runways thanks to 10 RJs departing, etc. Slow down, partner....

OYS

Gup, I think Delta will shrink domestically so will United.

We are getting 60 more MD90s in the next 3 years, to replace 35 DC9-50s that will be leaving. That doesn't seem to be the case. 50 seat RJs are also leaving in droves, and there are limits on 70/76 seaters.

OYS

Gary has said we could need 1,000 extra pilots after the deal is done - domestically. Sooner or later we're going international. This airline is still in it's infancy in some respects.

How many pilots GROWTH is Mother forecasting?

Gup

He said you COULD need that. Supposedly DL management said the same thing during the DL/NWA merger. Out of nowhere gas goes back up to $110 a barrel. Things can change. I don't think DL is planning to shrink, getting more MD90s for domestic flying, and always looking for more INTL opportunities. I think with the number of retirements planned over the next 5 years, our pilot growth opportunities are limited by the retirements somewhat. The training facilities will be maxed out with newhires and people moving up due to retirements.

OYS

Are the 10 RJ’s departing a direct result of your lack of scope? Can’t blame the RJ issue on anyone else can you? At least when SWA shows up in ATL, they will keep things moving. Time is money you know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back