• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really PCL? Does the following update from your NC look familiar? This was part of your Sept 25, 2010, eWeekly. It was sent out PRIOR TO the announcement of the acquisition. It sure sounds like more than compensation, insurance and bonus. The open items in your negotiation were LITERALLY EVERYTHING that cost money.

That update says basically the same thing that I had said, just using more words. Things like rigs and minimum guarantee are included in compensation. There were very few items left on the table on September 27th.

A simple MEC vote isn't sufficient to remove MemRat from the Policy Manual and bylaws.

Actually, it is. The NPA Bylaws were a different story, but an MEC vote is sufficient to change MEMRAT.

That update says basically the same thing that I had said, just using more words. Things like rigs and minimum guarantee are included in compensation. There were very few items left on the table on September 27th.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I get it now. Y'all had already wrapped up the dicey issues such as training, leave of absence, longevity, seniority, etc. Basically the big stuff. All that remained was any section that would cost mgmt additional money. Basically the little stuff. Got it.

....says the tool (on the end of Delta's list,) who works this exact schedule at DAL.....

Thanks to scheduled retirements via age 65, my stay at the end of the list will be very short compared to ANYONE junior at the new Southwest. Good ole GUP stated that your scheduled retirements unless your Capts go for age 70, will be a slow 150 or so a year. Not at the legacies, with DL losing 2000 Capts in the next 5 years, and 4000 in the next 10 years. So, on average, how young is that AT group? Redflyer will be very junior for YEARS after this SLI.

OYS

OY6

You are right and and are much better off where you are.

I am very envious of you. Because you are so very smart and provide such such awesome information and insight. And because you have the very best job in the industry.

Does that make you feel better?

BD32

Thanks to scheduled retirements via age 65, my stay at the end of the list will be very short compared to ANYONE junior at the new Southwest. Good ole GUP stated that your scheduled retirements unless your Capts go for age 70, will be a slow 150 or so a year. Not at the legacies, with DL losing 2000 Capts in the next 5 years, and 4000 in the next 10 years. So, on average, how young is that AT group? Redflyer will be very junior for YEARS after this SLI.

OYS

Gary has said we could need 1,000 extra pilots after the deal is done - domestically. Sooner or later we're going international. This airline is still in it's infancy in some respects.

How many pilots GROWTH is Mother forecasting?

Gup

Gary has said we could need 1,000 extra pilots after the deal is done - domestically. Sooner or later we're going international. This airline is still in it's infancy in some respects.

How many pilots GROWTH is Mother forecasting?

Gup

Gup has it exactly right.

Being at Southwest now is like being hired at Delta before they went internationally. This isn't rocket science.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back