• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about the furlough guys that bypassed till 2010? Guys on LOA? Military guys that took the job then went right into Mil leave without actully working the line? Long term Medical? Lots of guys came back to class in the last couple classes to get on the final list. Including managment folks who have not flown the line in years if ever. Good luck to the negotiators.

Last edited:
Ty,

Talking to all SWA/AT guy's. The ISL will not be binding till SOC and JCBA. But you guys do have a fragmentation clause right? Meaning you go where airplanes go?

I believe you are correct in that regards. I don't think it is likely, and even less likely now, given the concerns with the -300's, but yes, still possible.

The last thing a SWA pilot, especially an FO, should hope for would be a fragmentation . . . if things are bad enough to be selling aircraft that were making money for AirTran . . . the airline would be shrinking, not growing. Not good for anyone.

Last edited:
They should have been on the list even if furloughed, medical, LOA, or military leave? Its just now a question of where they wind up on the final list. But as I understand it, anyone hired after Sept. 27th will be on bottom??

I believe you are correct in that regards. I don't think it was ever likely, and even less likely now, given the concerns with the -300's, but yes, still possible.

The last thing a SWA pilot, especially an FO, should hope for would be a fragmentation . . . if things are bad enough to be selling aircraft that were making money for AirTran . . . the airline would be shrinking, not growing. Not good for anyone.

No matter what we will grow. Sounds like GK is ready to rock. 300's hell don't know. We could replace them with 1900's LOL! Well hope to have a overall Net growth. Worked to hard the past 16 years to get to SouthWest, just to be at a shrinking airline.

No matter what we will grow. Sounds like GK is ready to rock. 300's hell don't know. We could replace them with 1900's LOL! Well hope to have a overall Net growth. Worked to hard the past 16 years to get to SouthWest, just to be at a shrinking airline.

Amen, brutha! They (SWA mgmnt) are combining two networks, and I think the synergies they find and build on will create a lot of growth.

They should have been on the list even if furloughed, medical, LOA, or military leave? Its just now a question of where they wind up on the final list. But as I understand it, anyone hired after Sept. 27th will be on bottom??

I agree. Just wondering if a arbitrator will factor in no furloughs for 40 years at SWA. Also use this as a career expectation point. Or are we going to be treated just like every airline, no job is secure.

Gen in 3,2,1.

I had to take a break from the nonstop bickering but after listening to todays Swaptalk I thought I would get out my popcorn and watch the show. This should get good.

Once AT began hiring again there were no "Involuntary Furloughs" left. That is the distinction with past precedent, the Involuntary Furloughs (people who could not hold a job) have gotten hosed in the past because their seniority did not bring a job to the table. Voluntary Furloughs, Medical, or Military leave have historically been slotted with wherever their peers are on the list regardless if someone took the first recall or bypassed. On September 27 2010, AT had nobody on Involuntary Furlough. We had pilots whose seniority could hold a position who utilized their contractual right to bypass recall. The logic that you have furloughed pilots while hiring 100+ is silly.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Have you read Section VI of the Process Agreement, signed by SWA and SWAPA, which states, in part, that “Utilizing the foregoing procedures, the Parties will implement an orderly combination of the
Southwest Pilots and AirTran Pilots under a single collective bargaining agreement and
representation by a single collective bargaining representative within a single transportation
system under the RLA.” ?

Nothing in the Process Agreement, Transition Agreement, Merger Documents, Bond-McCaskill, Mohawk-Allegheny, or Collective Bargaining Agreements entitles you to employment at Southwest Airlines.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back