• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When did the AT furloughs start, how many and when did the last one get back on property? How many new hires where there after that?

dicko,
This is a process for negotiating a list and if the operations are combined then the list that is derived from this process will be implemented.

It's not "if", but "when", and if you and Bobby D. are still hoping for otherwise, you guys are kidding yourselves.

When did the AT furloughs start, how many and when did the last one get back on property? How many new hires where there after that?

Furloughs started I believe the 4th of September 2008. 169 people were furloughed. There were also some LOA's granted. Recalls started Jan 2009. I believe there were 4 months of recall classes. I am not sure what percentage returned from furlough. But there was a furloughed guy that bypassed until this last new hire class from what I have heard (12/20/2010). New hires started February 2010 and 131 people were hired until our last class in December 2010.

It's not "if", but "when", and if you and Bobby D. are still hoping for otherwise, you guys are kidding yourselves

Whatever makes you feel better. Your RJ's are much less attractive with oil at $120 than they were back in September.

According to Swapa there is absolutely nothing keeping Gary from fragmenting your operation and keeping the parts that he deems desirable. This is permitted by your contract in section 1. If there is no actual combination of operations you will not be on the SWA master seniority list. That isn't a threat that is a fact. Bond/McCaskill only applies in the event of an actual combination of flight operations.

Furloughs started I believe the 4th of September 2008. 169 people were furloughed. There were also some LOA's granted. Recalls started Jan 2009. I believe there were 4 months of recall classes. I am not sure what percentage returned from furlough. But there was a furloughed guy that bypassed until this last new hire class from what I have heard (12/20/2010). New hires started February 2010 and 131 people were hired until our last class in December 2010.

Thanks for the info. I am wondering how the 169 would fit in relation to career expectations. What DOH did that furlough go back to? Fall of 2007?

I didn't see anything at the end of 5.G that changes what I wrote or necessitates a new integration timeline. It simply requires SOC and NMB single carrier approval.

Since SWA has already applied for SOC and has approval for and a timeline for it from the FAA, I'm confused how this changes the process agreement,,,?

I'm just here to fly. The rest of it is out of my hands so why worry about it? It will be what it will be, and I trust both respective merger committees to find some kind of middle ground.

Career expectations when? Sept 4 of 2008 when the furlough started or Sept 26. 2010 when Airtran was hiring and taking airplanes with 100 plus new hires below them?

Furlough went back to bottom of the seniority list of Sept. 2007.

Last edited:
Whatever makes you feel better. Your RJ's are much less attractive with oil at $120 than they were back in September.

According to Swapa there is absolutely nothing keeping Gary from fragmenting your operation and keeping the parts that he deems desirable. This is permitted by your contract in section 1. If there is no actual combination of operations you will not be on the SWA master seniority list. That isn't a threat that is a fact. Bond/McCaskill only applies in the event of an actual combination of flight operations.

Have you read Section VI of the Process Agreement, signed by SWA and SWAPA, which states, in part, that “Utilizing the foregoing procedures, the Parties will implement an orderly combination of the
Southwest Pilots and AirTran Pilots under a single collective bargaining agreement and
representation by a single collective bargaining representative within a single transportation
system under the RLA.” ?

Career expectations when? Sept 4 of 2008 when the furlough started or Sept 26. 2010 when Airtran was hiring and taking airplanes with 100 plus new hires below them?

Furlough went back to middle of the seniority list of Sept. 2007.

We had about, I think (400) new hires in 08. All have stayed on property for about equal if not more time in seat than the furloughed 07/08 AT guy's? Just a question. So right off the bat 131 AT guy's and girls will be at the bottom of the new list.

Yes the snap shot date will be the 26th of contract's and list's. Just thinking how a arbitrator would look at the bottom of both lists.

Have you read Section VI of the Process Agreement, signed by SWA and SWAPA, which states, in part, that “Utilizing the foregoing procedures, the Parties will implement an orderly combination of the
Southwest Pilots and AirTran Pilots under a single collective bargaining agreement and
representation by a single collective bargaining representative within a single transportation
system under the RLA.” ?

Ty,

Talking to all SWA/AT guy's. The ISL will not be binding till SOC and JCBA. But you guys do have a fragmentation clause right? Meaning you go where airplanes go?

Latest resources

Back