• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Moving this thread to the union section..

Hey Guys..

Sorry you don't like to see a clearly organized FI. Since this was a union discussion, I thought this was a topic that belonged in the "Unions" section.. But silly me... what was I thinking.. :rolleyes:
I realize that the ONLY thing you guys want to see " right now" is for everything related to majors to be in one place.. sort of like having a QRH with no sections in it!!!

This way when you want to find something really fast, you get to page through the whole dam book to find it.. rrrright...:eek:

As a moderator, I am seeking to "fully" utilize every section of this web site, keep it organized so "other" members outside of the majors,( yes there are other people in aviation) or perhaps one of you in the future wants to look back at what happend with a contract or discussion and can actually find what you were looking for.. ( what an idea!)

All these threads will one day die and disapear into the archives of these sections, and if they were not set up the proper section to start with, someone in the future will never find the INFO they were looking for in a search..

But I regress... I forgot this is the Now generation, and the heck with what happens down the road.. But I guarantee someone will complain about why thay can't find a discussion down the road, and gee.. why did'nt someone way back then keep this place organized... I can't win for loosing with you guys..

So when the inmates run the jail.. a mess will follow.. and questions already answered will be asked again, and someone will get a sarcastic reply to go do a search.. blah blah.. and the attacks continue...

We may as well just have a bulletin board for everything, no sections, all topics in one place... and then we can be just one more crappy web site that dies..

I challenge "anyone" here and now to step the hell up to the plate and volunteer your time as a moderator... see what I see and how things should be run when you look at everyone that uses this web site.....

Contrary to this groups belief, there are other people in aviation for moderator's to consider here... but your the inmates..

So this thread gets moved BACK to the majors section... and you all can have it your way.. :angryfire

Hey Guys..
I challenge "anyone" here and now to step the hell up to the plate and volunteer your time as a moderator... see what I see and how things should be run when you look at everyone that uses this web site.....

Contrary to this groups belief, there are other people in aviation for moderator's to consider here... but your the inmates..

So this thread gets moved BACK to the majors section... and you all can have it your way.. :angryfire

I accept your challenge. If you look around or pay attention you see a lot of mergers going on in the majors. When mergers are discussed then union talk will be included in the discussion. You kill the discussion when you move a thread from an area of 495,000 posts to a closet with 2000 posts.

I'm sure others will agree.

Hey Guys..

Sorry you don't like to see a clearly organized FI. Since this was a union discussion, I thought this was a topic that belonged in the "Unions" section.. But silly me... what was I thinking.. :rolleyes:
I realize that the ONLY thing you guys want to see " right now" is for everything related to majors to be in one place.. sort of like having a QRH with no sections in it!!!

This way when you want to find something really fast, you get to page through the whole dam book to find it.. rrrright...:eek:

As a moderator, I am seeking to "fully" utilize every section of this web site, keep it organized so "other" members outside of the majors,( yes there are other people in aviation) or perhaps one of you in the future wants to look back at what happend with a contract or discussion and can actually find what you were looking for.. ( what an idea!)

All these threads will one day die and disapear into the archives of these sections, and if they were not set up the proper section to start with, someone in the future will never find the INFO they were looking for in a search..

But I regress... I forgot this is the Now generation, and the heck with what happens down the road.. But I guarantee someone will complain about why thay can't find a discussion down the road, and gee.. why did'nt someone way back then keep this place organized... I can't win for loosing with you guys..

So when the inmates run the jail.. a mess will follow.. and questions already answered will be asked again, and someone will get a sarcastic reply to go do a search.. blah blah.. and the attacks continue...

We may as well just have a bulletin board for everything, no sections, all topics in one place... and then we can be just one more crappy web site that dies..

Very true, we are the inmates in the asylum, but you should try and stop being the FI Nurse Ratched.......

Last edited:
I think this issue needs to go to arbitration........

It did. The evidence clearly showed how one-sided the initial decision was. After considering career expectations, thread position and overall increase in quality of life the thread was stapled in the bottom of the majors section.

As it should be.

Gup

Yes they are. You left off the end of 5g. The plain facts are that absent a negotiated agreement there are no guarantees.

Southwest Airlines press release:

http://swamedia.com/releases/e92ed2d6-ca48-da7f-caa0-6b004da76053

No more stalling. It is time to play ball fellas.

“Utilizing the foregoing procedures, the Parties will implement an orderly combination of the Southwest Pilots and AirTran Pilots under a single collective bargaining agreement and representation by a single collective bargaining representative within a single transportation system under the RLA.”

dicko,
If you are under the illusion that a process agreement will force a major airline to integrate operations you are reaching. This is a process for negotiating a list and if the operations are combined then the list that is derived from this process will be implemented.

dicko,
If you are under the illusion that a process agreement will force a major airline to integrate operations you are reaching. This is a process for negotiating a list and if the operations are combined then the list that is derived from this process will be implemented.

This is how I understand it. So basically we have to wait and see when SOC will happen.

dicko,

I'm inclined to agree with you. I didn't imply that SWA would be forced to do anything. They are running the show.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I didn't imply that SWA would be forced to do anything. They are running the show.

I think we are all just along for the ride. I just wish we had a crystal ball. I think once we see the future of both groups, all can rest. I still feel this won't be SWA's last acquisition over the next 5 years. GK wants 49% of the domestic market. Cash is king.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back