• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just listened to our NC's SwapTalk about the Process Agreement. Lots of good info. Interestingly, several references were made about AirTran pilots on the call? I'm curious how they got on. I'm even more curious how well-received the message was.

ATL,
It's not the money that's the player, it's the contract as a whole. The SWA pilot group has ownership over that. It's good and who can blame 'em for being a little proprietary over a hard fought and well-earned contract?

ATL, if you really believe that SWA pilots have nothing to do with the contract that you will be getting, you really do have a problem. I think it is time for everyone to back away from the keyboard and let our teams do their jobs! After hearing SWAPTALK yesterday, I have the utmost confidence in my team!

Ty,

GK must combine 51% of operations for M/B to apply.

Quick note; It's actually "50% or more of the stock of another carrier in a transaction".

Top of page 2 in the 'evil process agreement'. It's under the page that says SWA will acquire all the stock of AirTran :)

Last edited:
Quick note; It's actually "50% or more of the stock of another carrier in a transaction".

Top of page 2 in the 'evil process agreement'. It's under the page that says SWA will acquire all the stock of AirTran :)

It isn't the percentage of stock that is at question it is the "results in an operational merger" part that you should be wondering about.

Ty,

GK must combine 51% of operations for M/B to apply.

Very sad, still hoping against hope that this deal will fall through much to your own detriment. You guys will probably still be fighting a battle long after the lists are merged. Kinda like those Japanese soldiers who were still fighting the war into the 1970s.

Ivauir, would you recommend to GK that AT pilots be the seperate "lower" cost arm of SWA. Or would you recommend that we be intergrated into the SWAPA CBA? None of us asked for this. Just trying to figure out what you guys think is the best way to make it work.

I recommend that we negotiate a fair and equitable list as soon as possible. Until and unless we achieve that everyone has exposure to risk.

KP,

GK cannot be forced to merge operations...he may elect to not do so if the results of SLI arbitration will cause erosion of culture at SWA. It is out of our hands...peace out.

Some of you guys are living in an absolute dream world.
This merger is a "GO", and when you finally wake up and realize it, you might actually have something relevant to contribute to the conversation . . . . until then, you're just fantasizing and living in the past.

Ty,

This is no dream world, but it is Gary Kelly's show, not yours and not mine.

If he gets a bad list or bad outcome, he has options. And that's not meant as a threat, but he will have option B, C, and maybe even D. This is how the Dallas GO works everyday. They have plan after plan for possible scenerios. He won't let this ruin Southwest, plain and simple.

I'm hoping for a negoitated list, but I'm absolutely not afraid of arbitration. The list of gains on the AAI side of the list are off the map.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back