• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like Gary Kelly may just keep the Airtran abortion seperate if the senior Airtran pilots start making a fuss and causing a lot of problems. I would if I were him. Take the gates in ATL, don't renew the 717 leases and sell the 737's along with Ty "I'm angry" Webb to the new start up LCC of the Mid East "Air Libya".:laugh::laugh:

Sounds like Gary Kelly may just keep the Airtran abortion seperate if the senior Airtran pilots start making a fuss and causing a lot of problems. I would if I were him. Take the gates in ATL, don't renew the 717 leases and sell the 737's along with Ty "I'm angry" Webb to the new start up LCC of the Mid East "Air Libya".:laugh::laugh:

What's there to be angry about? I'm not the one with a Brokeback Mountain avatar. :D

Ty,

FYI: The Bond-McCaskill law does not appear to establish any substantive right to employment. The Bond-McCaskill amendment does not require a carrier to hire the employees of another carrier, nor does it require a merger of the carriers in the event of a transaction.... Further, if SWA acquired another carrier and chose (with the Association's consent) to operate the carrier separately, it could do so without having to effect a merger. It could acquire a carrier, and its employees, in a stock transaction (maintaining the separate corporate entity and management) and operate as a separate carrier (again, with the Association's consent) also without triggering these obligations.

You guys need to get over it. This merger is happening. Holy ******************** u guys sound like u all went full retard, and u never go full retard.

The PURCHASE is happening. Anything beyond that is still up in the air. If you don't believe that then you don't fully understand the situation. I did not fully understand as late as yesterday. I do now. SL6, SL8, and the process agreement are all leading to a head. All must be fully understood and compared side-by-side to comprehend what is happening. I'm fully behind my NC and where they're going with all of this.

shootr

Ty,

This is no dream world, but it is Gary Kelly's show, not yours and not mine.

If he gets a bad list or bad outcome, he has options. And that's not meant as a threat, but he will have option B, C, and maybe even D. This is how the Dallas GO works everyday. They have plan after plan for possible scenerios. He won't let this ruin Southwest, plain and simple.

I'm hoping for a negoitated list, but I'm absolutely not afraid of arbitration. The list of gains on the AAI side of the list are off the map.

This view won't be popular with our Airtran bro's but this is absolutely spot on. That's why it's extraordinarily important for the Airtran MEC to be realistic - as I'm sure they will be. Without a negotiated list the Trannies need a lifeline.

I'm sure the levity of that won't go unnoticed and I look forward to an agreement to vote on by fall - or sooner.

Gup

This view won't be popular with our Airtran bro's but this is absolutely spot on. That's why it's extraordinarily important for the Airtran MEC to be realistic - as I'm sure they will be. Without a negotiated list the Trannies need a lifeline.

I'm sure the levity of that won't go unnoticed and I look forward to an agreement to vote on by fall - or sooner.

Gup

Wow, still preaching September 28th. The same broken record albeit tweaked a little, "do this or else", "you better behave and take what we give you", "you better watch out or we will tell Gary", "Gary has plans A-Z and 1 up to infinity if you guys don't play ball". Don't you guys get tired of saying the same thing? Some of you have seen the light and realize that this will be a great thing for everyone, others, not so much...........

KP,

No, we just trust our management to act in our best interest. When you are integrated, you will appreciate that fact.

KP,

No, we just trust our management to act in our best interest. When you are integrated, you will appreciate that fact.

Gary Kelly will act in the best interests of Southwest Airlines, even if SWAPA agrees or disagrees.

In a related story, the next meeting of the "Flat Earth Society" will be held on May 5th, at the Grapevine, TX Hooter's. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back