• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we get to DOCC we will all be Southwest employees.

I must be missing something. It seems to me your leverage will be severely curtailed after DOCC.

AirTran can't operate and make money today without AirTran, making you necessary. Tomorrow AirTran isn't necessary for Southwest to continue to make money. It would appear you are much less necessary after DOCC so the confidence and reliance on DOCC as your savior is perplexing.

Don't overestimate your importance and leverage. TranStar comes to mind again.

If the outcome of arbitration is negative to SWA pilots, then GK may elect to not merge the list to avoid acrimony in the ranks...just a thought...it is out of our hands...

When that doesn't happen... just a thought...as it is out of our hands, will you then threaten us with the decertification of SWAPA?

Nothing in the Process Agreement, Transition Agreement, Merger Documents, Bond-McCaskill, Mohawk-Allegheny, or Collective Bargaining Agreements entitles you to employment at Southwest Airlines.

Some of you guys are living in an absolute dream world.
This merger is a "GO", and when you finally wake up and realize it, you might actually have something relevant to contribute to the conversation . . . . until then, you're just fantasizing and living in the past.

I must be missing something. It seems to me your leverage will be severely curtailed after DOCC.

AirTran can't operate and make money today without AirTran, making you necessary. Tomorrow AirTran isn't necessary for Southwest to continue to make money. It would appear you are much less necessary after DOCC so the confidence and reliance on DOCC as your savior is perplexing.

Don't overestimate your importance and leverage. TranStar comes to mind again.

Well, we know have "Baghdad Bill" . . . . who is only marginally more entertaining than Baghdad Bob. :rolleyes:

It's the "Bill and Bob Show". :laugh:

We did not buy AAI to provide their employees a big raise at the expense of our existing employees.

"You People" always bring this up as an argument, but I still fail to see how other employees making the same wage as you comes at an expense. The money isn't coming out of your pocket. Don't you get that?

Remember: SWA is a no frills, high frequency LCC. The secret to our success is our customer loyalty. Our customers like our friendly employees. I like our friendly employees. The positive culture at SWA is based on trust between management and labor (unique in the airline industry). If GK is as smart a businessman as we all think he is, he will preserve the SWA culture at all costs. We acquired AAI to eliminate a worthy competitor and gain access to certain markets, thereby laying the ground work for growth. We did not buy AAI to provide their employees a big raise at the expense of our existing employees. If the result of arbitration is negative in the eyes of SWA pilots (relative seniority, pure DOH), GK has options, one of whcih may be to operate AAI as a separate entity and GROW the SWA side. This may be the best result if it preserves the positive relations between labor and management. M/B provides AAI pilots protections but does not guarantee a place on the SWA Master Seniority List. The only guaranteed way to get on the list is to apply for a job (like 6000 just did), get an interview, get hired, get a type rating. You must also pass a probationary period.

Read the Process Agreement. If it goes to Arbitration, it will have an implementation date, set by the Arbitrator. This was agreed to by SWA management, as well as SWAPA, ALPA, and AAI.

You sound like a spoiled kid who doesn;t want to share his toys, and threatens to throw a tantrum (destroy the culture) if he doesn't get his way. Grow up.

Last edited:
After reading the Process Agreement I am ready to get it on! This should all be settled by the end of the year and my future AT bro's will learn on the 5th, 20th, and every workday between that they did the right thing negotiating in good faith for the best position in the industry.

Gup

Thanks Gup! I have alot of faith in both negotiating teams. There are going to be pilots on both sides who are never going to be happy with the merger (and probably many other things in life), and I realize that there is nothing I can say to convince them otherwise.

Originally Posted by Dan Roman
In which case SWA would have a lower cost division to expand with using non SWAPA pilots

Lonestar is correct. AirTran is restricted by serial number on the current airframes. As leases die or planes go out of service for any reason AirTran shrinks with no provisions to replace the aircraft. AirTran will not be growing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back