Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't even begin to mention upgrade time. I'm about to start my 5th year here and figured on upgrading within 2-4 more. That just got extended to 10-15. Sh!t happens. Enjoy the pay and job security and let the merger committees and arbitrator sort everything out.

No offense bro but what was your payrate going to be when you upgraded? And what is your guarantee?

Gup

One thing AirTran and Southwest have in common, all you need is a High School diploma to apply.

p.s. do you guys wear the same leather jackets as ASA? Perrone, I think?

One more thing we have in common, collectively we are kicking the industry's a$$.

Sorry to bring up facts, but we do require a college degree.

Yes, we use Perrone. I think ours are black and they wear brown.

BTW: All We Are aware of is /Useful Self-awAIRness

Last edited:
If this nightmare goes through I'm going to want my 8500 bucks for the type rating back. I hate to say this, but I'm afraid the only ones who aren't going to get "fair and equitable" treatment are the SWA F/O's. Airtran folks are getting a HUGE windfall simply by coming to work here. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you, I just hate to see it come at my expense.

BTW: AWA/US AIR, AWA/US AIR, AWA/US AIR. Sorry, mod I had to do it. Sort of like Steve McQueen going to the cooler in "The Great Escape". See y'all in 3 days.
I *SHOULD* boot you for 3 days, but it was harmless enough (and funny enough) to let it lie.

But don't push it, Steve. ;)

/mod

If this nightmare goes through I'm going to want my 8500 bucks for the type rating back. I hate to say this, but I'm afraid the only ones who aren't going to get "fair and equitable" treatment are the SWA F/O's. Airtran folks are getting a HUGE windfall simply by coming to work here. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you, I just hate to see it come at my expense.

BTW: AWA/US AIR, AWA/US AIR, AWA/US AIR. Sorry, mod I had to do it. Sort of like Steve McQueen going to the cooler in "The Great Escape". See y'all in 3 days.

I feel your pain bro, but not too much when you make twice as much as me and I am a captian on the same equipment. I guess get used to the right seat, huh.

Well done, Shagadelic and MCDU. They have the answers. Consult their profile pics for validation. Congrats to SWA and AirTran on this one!!!

It all depends on what the arbitrators say, and how your side defends your position. If you are a Captain on an Airtran plane, you may still hold that with fences, or whatever the Arbitrators say. If somebody doesn't like it, then they can go ballistic, but it will stand.

BTW, I think all of you are FANTASTIC, and I hope you all have a GLORIOUS day tomorrow. Try to do something nice for someone else, like not denting the car next to you with your own door. Have a great one!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Can we just go straight to arbitration already. This is worse than kids on a playground. But it is entertaining...ahhh FI never disappoints!!!

I would like to see SWA pilot group adopt the 10.5 % B Fund along with the
9.3% 401K Match. This would be the only thing that would benefit the SWA pilot group. And since upgrades now went to 20-25 years you will need as much help for retirement as you can get.

Latest resources

Back