Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody remember what happened to Midwest pilots after Republic came in?
Same thing here except SWA is Republic. I'd take what you can get or it might get well....

SWA will fill the gates with whoever they want and do what they want. Simple as that.

One thing AirTran and Southwest have in common, all you need is a High School diploma to apply.

p.s. do you guys wear the same leather jackets as ASA? Perrone, I think?

Last edited:
What about giving Airtran people pay at Southwest's rates if it means a raise, and they keep their seniority for bidding purposes only in ATL, MCO, and MKE? (Fence off Southwest's domiciles?)

Everybody wins.

Moderator hat on:

The next person to bring up UAir/AWA goes to the penalty box for 3 days.

Obviously we don't want to go down that road and what has already been said about it in this thread is enough for that subject.

/mod

Moderator hat off:

The AirTran MEC has instructed pilots NOT to discuss this either on our internal board or on any external board, as discussions like that HAVE been known to come up in arbitration.

If you don't want what you say used against you, Shut It.

That said, the fun banter is amusing. I'd agree with the bench 225 max reps thing except I can't get over 200 since my shoulder injury, saw doc last week, he said I probably won't *ever* get much over 200... Guess I'll be stuck in the middle of the seniority list. ;) lol

Good news

What about giving Airtran people pay at Southwest's rates if it means a raise, and they keep their seniority for bidding purposes only in ATL, MCO, and MKE? (Fence off Southwest's domiciles?)

Everybody wins.

The good news is if the 717 pays the same, then the whole company will be at one pay rate, which really makes the SLI about who is captain, who is FO and where. This has got to be much easier to figure out than trying to combine different catagories/types of flying like at DAL/NWA. Also, the NWA pilots received much bigger raises than the DAL guys in the new prebargained joint contract, but that didn't seem to matter much in the SLI, for better or worse.
LUV

What about integrating the list by looking at the pre-merger pay rates and filtering down from the top, basically it would put all the SW captains at the top of the list then the AT captains, then the SW FO's, then the AT FO's. After list integration everyone moves to the SW pay scale. A senior AT captain would lose a ton of seniority but if QOL was more important he could move to a FO position and make similar dollars. Or the same captain could be junior but increase his hourly pay by $53 at the top end of the pay scale.

What about coming up with a combined list and then if you don't like it, then the other side does the flying with your a$$ furloghed and then..... the company hires to fill the empty seats. Sounds great.

What about integrating the list by looking at the pre-merger pay rates and filtering down from the top, basically it would put all the SW captains at the top of the list then the AT captains, then the SW FO's, then the AT FO's. After list integration everyone moves to the SW pay scale. A senior AT captain would lose a ton of seniority but if QOL was more important he could move to a FO position and make similar dollars. Or the same captain could be junior but increase his hourly pay by $53 at the top end of the pay scale.

Since it is illegal to staple (see Bond/McCaskill), I am sure arbitrators will be involved, because we all know SWA wants the merger done. It's out in the public now, no way turning back. Kelly didn't have time to ask the SWA pilots if they approved. So, we all know arbitrators will decide it, and they will look at the past couple mergers as precedence.

But other than all of that, I think ALL OF YOU are FANTASTIC people, and I bet you will LOVE each other and do GREAT together. I hope you all have a great tomorrow, and if you have a second, make sure you do something nice for someone, like standing up on the bus to allow a granny to sit in your seat. Bye now!

Bye Bye---General Lee

how about we take the bottom FO from each side, put them in a room and tell them the oxygen runs out in 12 hours, you get to come out when you give us a list.

Last edited:
If this nightmare goes through I'm going to want my 8500 bucks for the type rating back. I hate to say this, but I'm afraid the only ones who aren't going to get "fair and equitable" treatment are the SWA F/O's. Airtran folks are getting a HUGE windfall simply by coming to work here. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you, I just hate to see it come at my expense.

BTW: AWA/US AIR, AWA/US AIR, AWA/US AIR. Sorry, mod I had to do it. Sort of like Steve McQueen going to the cooler in "The Great Escape". See y'all in 3 days.

Latest resources

Back