Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran pilot integration thoughts, what will the new list look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or better yet how about we never merge the list and tie it up for years in the courts, like USair/AWA. Enjoy you contract and we will enjoy ours.

or better yet how about we never merge the list and tie it up for years in the courts, like usair/awa. Enjoy you contract and we will enjoy ours.

must, refrain, from, smart a$$ comment, Batman!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm thinking demolition derby, a poker game, or paintball game.

hey what have i been saying for years as a merger solution?

STEEL CAGE MATCH !!!!

I suggested this for the 2000-2001 aaa/ual fiasco and again for our current mess also mentioned it for MDA/Rep and DAL/NWA but nobody seems to listen.

I think it would be great.

1. Both pilot groups pick a neutral area. In this case MEM (about half was between ATL and DAL), the pilots of Fedex could referee.

2. Build a giant steel cage on the ramp

3. put all pilots involved from both lists in cage

4. Ring giant bell and unleash free for all knock out fest

5. first pilot down/taps out/runs gets the last position on the list and the next gets the second to last and on and on till the last pilot standing. Last pilot standing gets seniority number one.

Pretty straight forward if you ask me.

Done by heigth?

Let me guess...you've been at SWA about 3-4 years. Has the whole idea about using W2's in a merger/acquisition ever been done, because it sounds really lame. DOH...fine, relative seniority....fine, rock paper scissors...fine, not some creative BS that's never been done before just because it provides the results you want. So much potential, I really hope both sides can see the big picture and not just our own individual slice of the pie. That's the problem with this job, too much I've got mine...pull up the ladder. We need to appreciate the value in each company and keep the respect we've had as adversaries. Obviously GK knows we are a formidable opponent in the markets we compete with SWA and Delta in. Everyone at AT has a healthy dose of respect for LUV. Each company has had to fight the big boys tooth and nail to survive and prosper along the way, the "kindred warrior spirit" GK was talking about.

I think it should be done by height, now would that be from tallest to shortest or vice versa?

No, SWA gets growth, SWA pilots get integrated into a larger company with slowed growth, taking longer to upgrade. So what do SWA pilots get again?

They get to say things like the following on the web boards,

Watch out Delta.... were commin to kick your ass.....

Delta was the largest airline and were gonna eat their lunch....

When does Delta leave ATL because SWA moved in.....

That's what they get....

Value.................. didn’t you just authorize a strike at
AAI. Relative integration is a pay increase for every AAI pilot day one. What do SWA pilots get day one?

Gee, glad to work with you too, brother.

You get to work with some fine professionals doing the EXACT same job you do. OUR combined company grows, OUR stock price increases, WE gain access to key markets not previously served, and WE ALL get to be a part of a kick-ass combined organization. That's what YOU get. Any problems with that, Richard Cranium?

Don't even begin to mention upgrade time. I'm about to start my 5th year here and figured on upgrading within 2-4 more. That just got extended to 10-15. Sh!t happens. Enjoy the pay and job security and let the merger committees and arbitrator sort everything out.

DOH. No bump no flush.

M

First of all, Great picture!!! Second, even DOH would be a windfall for airtran pilots you want the 40+% pay raise and give nothing up for it. Why do Southwest pilots have to give while air tran pilots reap the rewards. if you want the $ what are you willing to give? I don't want to see anything about a staple but the more people say we want the money and relative seniority or even DOH the more I want to tell my rep STAPLE.

Or better yet how about we never merge the list and tie it up for years in the courts, like USair/AWA. Enjoy you contract and we will enjoy ours.

What's with all those negative waves, Moriarity?

Sorry, I watch too many movies. With GK being a numbers guy and having guided SWA through a very tough decade, he wouldn't have gone with this acquisition if he didn't think it would make a lot of money, which, in turn helps to grow the airline and make more Captain spots available. I believe we can come to a fair SLI, so let's keep the negative stuff off the board and look at the positives. Yeah .....I know...this flight info....

Latest resources

Back