• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No skin in the game but are the trips at SWA more efficient or do they pay better credit?

Thank you,

More productive.
Example: The pairing that I am on right now pays just over 23 TFP (at just over $122/TFP). Scheduled block is 19.55 for a 3 day. The overnight are fairly short, but I am only away from base (home) for 58 hrs. Get it done and get home...that's just the way I like it.

Haha!! We have knuckleheads at JetBlue that say the same thing. Let me ask you........were you involved in route planning? In revenue managent? Did you help secure the swaps and collars for your fuel hedging program? I doubt it.
You, like thousands of others flew from point A to point B safely.....that's all........nothing else.....get over yourself.

CD
You are missing the point. No I didn't do those things nor did the people who did those things do my job. The point is at SWA WE understand WE are all in the same ship. WE all pull on our piece of the rope. WE value not only our work but the work of others that keeps the ship moving.

heres one reality for you... how many days off a month do you get now? 12-16? i get 17-19. 3 x 12 = 36 thats an extra month off a year! forget your vacation, you just earned an extra 4 weeks.

I average about 17-19 days off a month. So do a lot of our pilots. This is my first month at 16 in probably a year, but the block is higher than I usually care to fly.

No skin in the game but are the trips at SWA more efficient or do they pay better credit?

Thank you,

This has been discussed multiple times BUT here goes...4 day minimum pay is 26, I hate 4 days but do occasionally do them, I'm on a 4 day right now that pays 33.5, 2 legs, 2 legs, 3 legs, 3 legs. Fairly easy, the only time I do them is when they pay over 31...I still prefer the 3 days that pay 25+, just my preference! Being home is much more important...4 high paying three days for the month and I'm done! 100 hours of pay, 18 days off!

I'm fairly junior in Domicile and I generally work weekends (partially by choice!!!)

KBB

Last week my 3-day paid 25+

This week my 4-day pays 34

Next week my 3-day pays 23

This is an above average 3-week period but it's all straight pay (122 TFP).

shootr

Lear.....

I understand your concern. I am based in MCO and love the country club base. It is a great base. If I am correct...not saying I am!!! Isnt the MCO base fairly small for AAI? You still overnight a significant number of crews there? If we keep our current model of not overnighting crews in bases and with the number of overnighters you have in MCO I think it is safe to say that our MCO base will grow buy quite a bit...maybe as much as 30 to 40 percent. I am at the 6 year mark and I work wed thur fri pms and dont pick up at all and my line pays 100 to 115 on average. I know that may not help but the MCO base will see a lot of growth of pilots, even with no growth which I believe there will be a tremendous amount of growth coming.

I hope that helps or gives a little silver lining to the cloud!

The reserve lines don't necessarily go to the bottom of the seniority list. I would venture a guess that during a good chunk of the year(not summer) that 50% of the rsv lines are taken out of seniority.

Could you explain how and why this happens ? Me no habla. A full description of life at the bottom is also welcomed.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back