• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The proposed seniority dilution has ensured no AAI pilot will ever see that airplane, or any other new type.

You don't know that. And the dynamics of this airline are VERY different. As I said before, most of us at swa have prioritized many things over the traditional legacy career. First, this group is very unified in having one blended rate that we all receive (once integrated) no matter what type you fly. Ala UPS/AWA. We want pilots to fly the airplane they WANT to fly and not bouncing around in training events chasing money, while costing the company $. The old school Texan flying the -300 will be paid the same TFP as the BWI 70,000# new 787 captain. There's a lot of pride in that 1 time zone flying.

Its an adjustment here. So are the FO payrates. We used to have forced upgrades and bad enough FO pay that most everyone upgraded as soon as possible. That's not the case anymore and more are choosing to stay senior, still making north of $170k, and leaving the tiller alone for a few extra years. This is the beauty of making that extra rate. Some AT guys have tried to minimize the $$- but it truly changes the dynamics. At AT, bc we all compete for goods in the marketplace, where most every cop makes AT FO $$ and a lot of teachers- much less all the engineers and business types, lawyers, and doctors- the "UPGRADE" is very important. When you're at a W2 above what most professionals earn- the upgrade is nice, it is NOT something you must do to be responsible for your family.

And I can't overstate the growth I'm hearing about on the horizon. Rumor is we didn't need to stay as stagnant as we've been. There's been a backlog of plans unimplemented that will go forward as a way to grease this integration through. Stock options are one thing- when you see long time FOs upgrade and all pilots working in a dynamic bid and getting to their prefered base and buying new hires drinks on overnights and at the Wyndham (a solid pre recurrent pastime:)--> things get a lot more positive. It's been said that's the master plan. -800's, etops, Alaska, hawaii, farther into the Americas, Europe, 787's or equivalent---> it keeps going...

Last edited:
Good comments by all, I appreciate everyone's input (Yes, even T45 and yoyoma's)... ;)

Like I said in that post, I truly wasn't trying to be negative, I just wanted to hear what the realities were of being in that bidding percentage. Being prepared for something makes it easier to adjust, or at least that's how I've found it to be. Thanks to those who answered.

Looking forward to seeing what the MC and NC come back with once the MEC sends it out to us. Until then, ya'll fly safe, and I look forward to meeting more of you out there.

The larger gorilla in the room is if this gets voted down by either side. I'm not so sure the arbitration award will look much different anyway, just without some of the perks that Gary has tossed in.

And that is the best observation in this thread. I wonder how an Arbitrator would rule, when they look at an AIP that was reached by both Unions and delivered by the company. Whatever this looks like, it may well be the best offer out there. The worst thing would be waiting months, and then only realizing the same SLI we all just agreed to.

Good comments by all, I appreciate everyone's input (Yes, even T45 and yoyoma's)... ;)

Like I said in that post, I truly wasn't trying to be negative, I just wanted to hear what the realities were of being in that bidding percentage. Being prepared for something makes it easier to adjust, or at least that's how I've found it to be. Thanks to those who answered.

Looking forward to seeing what the MC and NC come back with once the MEC sends it out to us. Until then, ya'll fly safe, and I look forward to meeting more of you out there.

heres one reality for you... how many days off a month do you get now? 12-16? i get 17-19. 3 x 12 = 36 thats an extra month off a year! forget your vacation, you just earned an extra 4 weeks.

Do you guys really not get the fact that WE BOUGHT YOU? you cant have it all! sorry you might lose your vacation time and bidding power, but someone has to lose a little in this deal. how is this so hard to grasp? you guys really need to take a look at reality. 10% raise isnt enough? 45% is good but you want to keep your seniority and bidding power too? you guys were bought... think that first.

This argument may be the problem with airline merger. "WE" didn't buy anyone. The holding Corp you work for bought another asset.

This argument may be the problem with airline merger. "WE" didn't buy anyone. The holding Corp you work for bought another asset.

you obviously dont work for swa...because its "we" airline. WE built this airline together, and WE purchased aai with OUR hard work.

No skin in the game but are the trips at SWA more efficient or do they pay better credit?

Thank you,

More credit per day worked.

No skin in the game but are the trips at SWA more efficient or do they pay better credit?

Thank you,

Most likely both. I realize he is using hours, and we use "trips", but our 4 days average 28-30 trips for pay. I'm not sure how that compares pay wise, but I'll go out on a limb and say that we get paid a bit more for the TAFB.

you obviously dont work for swa...because its "we" airline. WE built this airline together, and WE purchased aai with OUR hard work.

Haha!! We have knuckleheads at JetBlue that say the same thing. Let me ask you........were you involved in route planning? In revenue managent? Did you help secure the swaps and collars for your fuel hedging program? I doubt it.
You, like thousands of others flew from point A to point B safely.....that's all........nothing else.....get over yourself.

CD

Latest resources

Back