• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Out of curiosity, how do any of you know what SWA will do with the ATL base?

Nobody's sure, so really, stop speculating.

You guys should understand that reserve is only 8% of the lines at SWA. It is also a workable moneymaker for many pilots here. There will be those among you who live in ATL that willingly bid reserve to get their trip totals up. It is a valid strategy for our contract. I would not sweat reserve too much....2 hour callout to report and no airport standby...it is not most people's dream, but it is not too bad compared to what you might be thinking it is.

We will be that 8% so I guess we will have to learn the system.

Out of curiosity, how do any of you know what SWA will do with the ATL base?

Nobody's sure, so really, stop speculating.

You're right, no one knows. But I do know that one of the big reasons Gary wanted AAI to begin with was because of ATL. That is the backdrop of what is going to happen there.

We will be that 8% so I guess we will have to learn the system.

You also need to consider those that were hired at both companies after the snapshot date. They will most assuredly be at the bottom of whatever was agreed upon therefore making them more in line for reserve than anyone else.

SLC
:cool:

You also need to consider those that were hired at both companies after the snapshot date. They will most assuredly be at the bottom of whatever was agreed upon therefore making them more in line for reserve than anyone else.

SLC
:cool:

Yeah, did consider those guys but that only equates to about 300 or so. I'm sure the airline needs more than that many.

This is just my opinion...i see a lot of growth coming out of this. I have no idea what is in the agreement but Gary wanted it done for a reason. I think it is very Ironic that boeing has announced a huge increase in production of the 737NG. It is also a well known fact that it can be difficult to get aircraft financing with labor problems at an airline or just uncertain situation. Delta has already started preparing for SWA coming into ATL...increased capacity (a little) adding seats on routes we will be flying and starting a massive ad campaign (when is the last time you saw Delta commercials..now they are everywhere!) it will not be an easy fight with Delta. they have a great product and are somewhat competitive in seat cost. We have a serious fare war and turf war on our hands so we have to grow ATL to survive. Its simple business. With that being said I think there will be a lot of growth in our future. Just my opinion but look at the things happening in the back ground. Welcome aboard guys and gals. I think we will be just fine.

ATL should be a lot like PHL or DEN...no real LCC (since airtran will be with us), just a legacy. Both far exceeded expectations. We're all just guessing, but ATL should be extraordinary...I just dont see how it wouldn't be.

Latest resources

Back