• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There were going to be alot of Airtran FO's on the bottom of the combined list no matter how you got there. Calling that a staple is a little disengenuous. By getting another 30% pay increase (plus the rest of the long list of improvements) by coming to the Southwest list after being on the bottom of the AAI list, there was just not many options. And I think most level headed people plainly understand that.

Well, 650 will be stapled which is up to a 6 year guy.
No question that your contract and benefits are superior. However, with the ATL bade shrinking to around 850 pilots that leaves a lot of us on reserve and bouncing around the bases.
Guys will have to weigh all that up as well.

I think once the road shows start and the numbers and graphs are in front of you/us it will make better sense. Until then it's a what if at best.

Brit,

I understand where you are coming from, but the devil will be in the details. I see ATL growing, but that will come from Gary. As stated, I think we will all have more clarity after the road shows. I honestly hope that none of you guys are forced to commute unless you want to. Hopefully they will address issues like that.

Brit,

I understand where you are coming from, but the devil will be in the details. I see ATL growing, but that will come from Gary. As stated, I think we will all have more clarity after the road shows. I honestly hope that none of you guys are forced to commute unless you want to. Hopefully they will address issues like that.

Yeah, I see that and I will go to a road show and try to figure all this out.
It was just the initial shock, which I am over now.
With the 717's being re- based, a lot of guys will have to start commuting, that is unavoidable.

You guys should understand that reserve is only 8% of the lines at SWA. It is also a workable moneymaker for many pilots here. There will be those among you who live in ATL that willingly bid reserve to get their trip totals up. It is a valid strategy for our contract. I would not sweat reserve too much....2 hour callout to report and no airport standby...it is not most people's dream, but it is not too bad compared to what you might be thinking it is.

Latest resources

Back