Stupid questions asked at airshows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SIG600 said:
I think a better question, is what self respecting pilot would sit with one?

Shack!! God forbid you have to actually go to an airshow with a predator, at least go hang out with the chicks on the airshow staff...

Well, Believe it or not, we actually had one of the biggest crowds in front of Predator. I couldn't believe how many people recognized the airplane and what it had done in Afghanistan and Iraq. However, some still asked where the pilot sat.
I was involved with the program as a reservist working for a small detachment at the Predator factory. I never flew the airplane, but, I would have in a hot minute.

"Fly?"

I would argue that one doesn't "fly" a predator one "remote controls" a predator.

Actually, you do "fly" the Predator, you have a stick, throttes and rudder pedals to control it. It is not autonomously lauched like Global Hawk. You have to fly it for takeoffs and landings and then you have the option of autopilot once you are at altitude.
I know, flying the Predator is like wetting yourself in a dark suit, a nice warm feeling, but, you hope to God that no one notices.

mannyaplus11 said:
Actually, you do "fly" the Predator, you have a stick, throttes and rudder pedals to control it. It is not autonomously lauched like Global Hawk. You have to fly it for takeoffs and landings and then you have the option of autopilot once you are at altitude.
I know, flying the Predator is like wetting yourself in a dark suit, a nice warm feeling, but, you hope to God that no one notices.

Sounds like half the students at Embry Riddle are qualified Predator "pilots" then with all the Microsoft Flight Sim time they log.

Had an elderly gentleman and his wife ask my female copilot if she was the flight attendent. She got red in the face and said no she was a pilot. The old guy laughed and said...good one. There aren't any women pilots in the AF. She shot back you're right. I am the flight attendent.

Benhuntn said:
Had an elderly gentleman and his wife ask my female copilot if she was the flight attendent. She got red in the face and said no she was a pilot. The old guy laughed and said...good one. There aren't any women pilots in the AF. She shot back you're right. I am the flight attendent.

That's a good story? Was she at least hot?

Yes she was and a great personality. I enjoyed flying with her until the AF in its wisdom grounded all pilots that wouldn't take the bonus.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back