Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airplane wizard

Hi,

So what are some of the dumbest questions that you have been asked by the general public at an airshow like Airventure, the Dayton Air& trade show etc..?

airplane wizard said:
Hi,

So what are some of the dumbest questions that you have been asked by the general public at an airshow like Airventure, the Dayton Air& trade show etc..?
When the general public asked; What are the dumbest questions asked by the general public?

Fuel Tanks

They come up and slap the shat out of an empty external fuel tank and say, "Is this a bomb?":D

Usually the standard how fast, how high, what's it like... but there are some real off the wall questions like the power output of the txpdr or what some random piece is made of.

ExAF said:
They come up and slap the shat out of an empty external fuel tank and say, "Is this a bomb?":D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Public dude - "Why do you have "c-o-m-p-o-s-i-t-e- (reading it) props?"
My buddy - "Because Lockheed ran out of metal"

There're no such thing as a dumb question, just dumb....never mind. :D

What's more annoying than "less than well thought out" questions is the one guy that glues himself next to you and plays stump the pilot. Eventually, he starts answering the spectator's questions for you...about your airplane!!!

I had an old dude at the 2004 Farnborough show come up and start telling me the history of MY airplane...and he was right.....it was scary.

I once asked an american FO if he could raise the gear while we were on the ground.....

... I was 7.

Does that count?

He probably answered "yes".

Latest resources

Back