Stupid questions asked at airshows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ExAF said:
They come up and slap the shat out of an empty external fuel tank and say, "Is this a bomb?":D

Argh, you beat me to it, the #1 idiotic question. Even worse is when some Dad is talking to his son, and loudly proclaims "See those Billy? Those are BOMBS." Correcting him is more trouble than it's worth.

There are uber-geeks out there who will know more about your jet than you do.

I always get asked if the pitot tube of the F-16 is the gun. I also had a Russian guy come up to me at Wilkes-Barre and, completely serious, ask "Excuse me, why do you think the MiG-29 and Su-27 are so much better than the American fighters?" I just looked at him and continued talking to the kids. He kept pestering me for about 10 minutes before I politely asked him to stop stepping on the kids.

Had an Eagle bro get asked why there is some sandpaper type tape on the top of the Eagle. He didn't know, so he started talking about turbulent airflow at high AOA an low airspeeds. Had the crowd enthralled. When he asked someone later, they told him it's so the crew chiefs don't slip. Hah!

As I was standing at the bottom of the stairs greeting the people as they got off (I had just finished the walkaround), one person asked why the wingtips were turned up at the ends (CRJ)? I told him it was because when we ordered the airplane, we found the wings were too wide for the hanger we had, so we just bent them up so it would fit. He believed me with no hesitation. Scary.

at an airshow in Winnipeg a beautiful woman with big tits asked if I would like to me her later at a bar. I managed to say yes.

michael707767 said:
at an airshow in Winnipeg a beautiful woman with big tits asked if I would like to me her later at a bar. I managed to say yes.
We had two Czech Aerospace industry-type dudes bring their spokesmodels into the plane during the Farnborough show....they started pulling up skirts and pulling down shirts to be "sexy"...my CP and I figured the Czech dudes got some camera footage of our plane during the time the girls were in the seats...but........we didnt care.

Russian junk

MAGNUM!! said:
I also had a Russian guy come up to me at Wilkes-Barre and, completely serious, ask "Excuse me, why do you think the MiG-29 and Su-27 are so much better than the American fighters?" I just looked at him and continued talking to the kids. He kept pestering me for about 10 minutes before I politely asked him to stop stepping on the kids.

Hummm, lets see... pretty good turners, better thrust to weight, good legs, faster, built like a tank... You got tired of him being right huh?

Just kidding!

rhinodriver said:
Hummm, lets see... pretty good turners, better thrust to weight, good legs, faster, built like a tank... You got tired of him being right huh?

Just kidding!

If I was standing in front of a (so-called) Superhornet, he would've been right.

:beer:

A soccer mom asked me if I think it's appropriate to have a scantily clad woman (nose art) on the side of the T-28 that I had flown in. My only reply: "I guess that rules out any chance of putting you on there, huh?"

McGillicutty said:
to have a scantily clad woman (nose art) on the side of the T-28 that I had flown in.

Long live the Yankee tradition (realize others do it too but the US has perfected this work of art).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back