• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Face it Bubba, every AT 737 Capt is upset, and not just at ALPA. The SLI would have been different in arbitration, and that's why you're still happy. There is NO way zero guys would be given a Capt seat when the second company brings planes to the party, and Seperate pay rates on the same plane for 3 years (B-scale) even though bag fees were still charged on the AT side was pretty low. I can't believe your union allowed that.... Try to refute any of that. You can't. And Bubba, I know plenty of AT pilots here in ATL.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Looks like you've already forgotten your own position that "if you've never tried it, your opinion is worthless," that you championed several days ago.
You've never been at Southwest OR AirTran, so your opinion on their respective merits, and what may or not have been fair, "is worthless." You've never actually read our process agreement, let alone understand all the points involved, so once again your opinion on it is similarly "worthless." Quod erat demonstrandum. Certainly even such a simpleton such as yourself can see you're arguing against your own words here.

And no, not every FAT 737 captain is upset. Certainly there's some who post on this board, but inferring that was a universal trait, would be the same as inferring every Delta pilot was a blubbering buffoon like yourself. I'm pretty sure that's not true. So far, I've flown with only two FAT 737 captains (one who was even senior to me on the overall list), and both were happy as hell to be here. As have been every other FAT guy/gal I've flown with so far.

I've already refuted (several times) your ignorant "B-scale" argument, but I guess you don't read any actual posts other than your own, because you keep forgetting, and then saying nobody refutes you. If you'd like another explanation, let me know. This time, I'll type slower and use smaller words so you might actually understand.

And like I pointed out the first time--it's pot-stirring know-nothings like yourself who keep bringing all this up. And it's always with gross exaggerations, and BS absurdities or outright lies that don't follow the argument that your pretend they do.

Bubba

P.S. BTW, posting on SWA-AAI issues so stupidly as you do, has to make one think that your posts on other subjects must be equally as stupid, ill-informed, and malicious.

AT brought over pilots and flight attendants, the planes were acquired during the purchase as an asset and as such can be used by SWA as required, there should be no imagined stipulation that because the flight crew used these planes at AT that they would have any dabs on them at SWA -
Who cares, old ALPA policy was pilots went with the planes, in the seats. Of course that was the old ALPA, before they sold out. You've got to remember southwest doesn't have a union, just an association.

Who cares, old ALPA policy was pilots went with the planes, in the seats. Of course that was the old ALPA, before they sold out. You've got to remember southwest doesn't have a union, just an association.

Fortunately, Maru, you wannabe-scab has-been, nobody here cares about your opinion on anything, especially unions.

Jes' sayin'.

Bubba

Well that escalated quickly...

It's over. There's nothing any of us can do about this. Moving along, nothing more to see here. All that matters now is that we grow like crazy and hope the check on the 5th and 20th never bounces.

Looks like you've already forgotten your own position that "if you've never tried it, your opinion is worthless," that you championed several days ago.
You've never been at Southwest OR AirTran, so your opinion on their respective merits, and what may or not have been fair, "is worthless." You've never actually read our process agreement, let alone understand all the points involved, so once again your opinion on it is similarly "worthless." Quod erat demonstrandum. Certainly even such a simpleton such as yourself can see you're arguing against your own words here.

And no, not every FAT 737 captain is upset. Certainly there's some who post on this board, but inferring that was a universal trait, would be the same as inferring every Delta pilot was a blubbering buffoon like yourself. I'm pretty sure that's not true. So far, I've flown with only two FAT 737 captains (one who was even senior to me on the overall list), and both were happy as hell to be here. As have been every other FAT guy/gal I've flown with so far.

I've already refuted (several times) your ignorant "B-scale" argument, but I guess you don't read any actual posts other than your own, because you keep forgetting, and then saying nobody refutes you. If you'd like another explanation, let me know. This time, I'll type slower and use smaller words so you might actually understand.

And like I pointed out the first time--it's pot-stirring know-nothings like yourself who keep bringing all this up. And it's always with gross exaggerations, and BS absurdities or outright lies that don't follow the argument that your pretend they do.

Bubba

P.S. BTW, posting on SWA-AAI issues so stupidly as you do, has to make one think that your posts on other subjects must be equally as stupid, ill-informed, and malicious.

Uhhhhhhh Bubba, I've been through a merger integration. Soooooo, I've got that experience. Just because it wasn't with SWA/AT doesn't mean I don't know what is going on. This ain't East Berlin, and I know AT pilots, and even some Corndogs.

As far as you saying NOT all AT 737 Capts were upset, that is ludicrous. That actually is humorous that you would say something so loony. So, guys in the left seat would WANT to go to the right seat, willingly? Huh? You must be DEN based, smoking dope. First off, arbitration (which every other airline used and respectable pilots adhered to) would have kept them in their seats, they brought the planes, they get to stay. Second, any reputable union would have gotten same rates for same planes (DL and NWA 757/767s got the same pay, a big increase for the NWA pilots). You guys did neither! You didn't help or further our collective pilot group, you set it back. Thanks.

To say you know AT 737 Capts who aren't upset about losing their seat to go to the right seat is laughable. It wouldn't have happened in arbitration, and you know it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Fortunately, Maru, you wannabe-scab has-been, nobody here cares about your opinion on anything, especially unions.

Jes' sayin'.

Bubba

I quoted this post because it amused me, and the relevant one above read like War and Peace :D

Yes, the vast majority of AirTran Captains are pissed off about what happened, and how it happened. No, that doesn't mean they arrive in the cockpit frothing at the mouth (hopefully). You understand that it's possible to be 'happy to be here' and pissed off at the same time ........ Don't you ?

N.B. "Vast majority" = greater than 90%. The word "all" doesn't apply to pilots.

I quoted this post because it amused me, and the relevant one above read like War and Peace :D

Yes, the vast majority of AirTran Captains are pissed off about what happened, and how it happened. No, that doesn't mean they arrive in the cockpit frothing at the mouth (hopefully). You understand that it's possible to be 'happy to be here' and pissed off at the same time ........ Don't you ?

N.B. "Vast majority" = greater than 90%. The word "all" doesn't apply to pilots.

Well there you go. I never said they were going "NUTS"' in the jetway, but the overwhelming majority don't like how it ended up. Arbitration would have been the way to go, primarily because it places the blame on the arbitrators, not each other. Corndog management played favorites, and that is never a good idea.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well there you go. I never said they were going "NUTS"' in the jetway, but the overwhelming majority don't like how it ended up. Arbitration would have been the way to go, primarily because it places the blame on the arbitrators, not each other. Corndog management played favorites, and that is never a good idea.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You said they "are" upset ("every AT 737 Capt is upset"), as in currently and/or actively. I said I don't see that, and think most people on both sides are over it and ready to move forward.

And as to the actual point of this thread, it's dumbasses like you (well, mainly you, to be honest) who keep stirring this issue up on FI just to provoke a reaction, or to deflect away from any criticism of yourself or Mother Delta.

Bubba

Glad I could amuse you, Dicko; it's what I'm here for. :p

Bubba

You said they "are" upset ("every AT 737 Capt is upset"), as in currently and/or actively. I said I don't see that, and think most people on both sides are over it and ready to move forward.

And as to the actual point of this thread, it's dumbasses like you (well, mainly you, to be honest) who keep stirring this issue up on FI just to provoke a reaction, or to deflect away from any criticism of yourself or Mother Delta.

Bubba

I didn't even start this thread Bubba, but I don't mind commenting. And what you say makes NO sense. Of course every 737 Capt at AT is upset to move to the right seat. To say otherwise is pure buffoonery. What I am saying is because your group went at the SLI the wrong way, it will have lasting implications. You'll have to deal with that.

And your explanation of the "B-scale for the same plane" is also ridiculous. Divide and conquer, something your union let management do. Notice that was NOT the case at DL, and I gave the 757/767 as a perfect example. Plus, your bosses kept charging for bags on the AT side, and that could have paid for the difference, but your union must have forgotten they could have demanded that. DALPA didn't forget. Admit it, you guys botched it. And, quit getting upset yourself. Don't get personal, please.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back