• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop the divisive SWA AAI stuff

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just not seeing the airtran vs SWA animosity out on the line. Just dudes flying airplanes.

I agree

I don't see it here except for GL. and Dan R. two peas in a pod :)

Oh and PCL , but he is not coming over .

Scratch that last statement , he is now waffling on the SWAPA Fourm about coming over.

PCL. when you come over ,you need to bid PHX. The colonels out there will love you. :)

Last edited:
Southwest carries more domestic passengers in the US than any other carrier, I think most will agree that's more than a niche.

Operating word is Domestic.....

Thats like saying you are the largest carpet seller in Cleveland....it doesnt make people in the industry stop and kiss your feet out of respect.

Get over yourself Howard

Hate to break it to you Bill, but we almost fly as many people 'DOMESTICALLY' than Delta does combined.

2013 Passenger Enplaned (2013 annual):

Delta: 120.3 Million
SW: 115.3 Million

We carry almost 20% more domestic passengers than Delta, or close to what a combined American and United operation would do.

A little bigger than you carpet salesman comment there Bill, but I know you didn't even look into it before posting...again.

Edit: I guess those numbers are so close because they don't have all your 'regional partners'. Not sure if that is something to be proud of, or just embarrassed about.

Last edited:
Operating word is Domestic.....

Thats like saying you are the largest carpet seller in Cleveland....it doesnt make people in the industry stop and kiss your feet out of respect.

Get over yourself Howard
Actually Bill it wouldn't be anything like saying you were the largest seller in a single city in Ohio. However, saying your the largest seller in the United States would be an accurate analogy. There is a large difference.

Hate to break it to you Bill, but we almost fly as many people 'DOMESTICALLY' than Delta does combined.

We carry almost 20% more domestic passengers than Delta, or close to what a combined American and United operation would do.

A little bigger than you carpet salesman comment there Bill, but I know you didn't even look into it before posting...again.

Edit: I guess those numbers are so close because they don't have all your 'regional partners'. Not sure if that is something to be proud of, or just embarrassed about.
Actually, those numbers are a little misleading. In 2013 SWA and AirTran were reporting separately even though operating under a single operating certificate. Here are the combined totals.

SWA: 133.140 Million
Delta: 120.389 Million

http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts012_14

I missed that Howard, you are correct sir.

So does that mean DL is the biggest carpet seller in ATL?

They are the biggest seller of something in Atlanta and quite frankly worldwide. Their profit margins are huge and I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

The passenger counts are really pretty insignificant since profit is really the ultimate goal. I only commented because I found Dan Roman's comment about our "niche" market humorous. I have always viewed niche markets as small carve outs of the whole pie and I think our slice of that pie is larger than a niche.

Big difference carrying a 777 New York-TLV than 12 hops between Hobby and Tulsa. You can almost quadruple the pax count right there.

And then the question of metrics......the way you Daisy chain people through five cities to go transcon and by your own account in annual reports, you count each through person at every departure. So for every Wal-mart Flipflop crowd you board for 99 bucks.....you may even count em 5-7 times. (look it up)

Red....be proud of your mighty Domestic Lift.....you are singlehandledly saving US aviation!!

I missed that Howard, you are correct sir.

So does that mean DL is the biggest carpet seller in ATL?

I forgot....you fly to Aruba now....Fly a heavy -800, and have Vnav.

you are the same airline....my bad

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back