• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit closing DTW pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only people pref bidding will hurt (if implemented properly) are the guys who love to pick up junior assignment and open time.

Maybe, maybe not- especially if the co keeps paying 150% for days off open time pickup, and 200% for JA. What would crimp the free-for-all these "team players" exploit would be to create a pay bank system. Limits on monthly/quarterly/annual credit would help, too. Then again, that would help the currently stalled upgrade situation as well. What a concept.

Last edited:
Well they are officially reducing the F/A base by 50% starting April 1, to be completed by Aug 1. I'm guessing it will displace the bottom 175 from DTW. It may be a few less that 175, but just a rough guess

USA Jet may be looking for FA's for its YIP base and growing passenger business.

I know a few who will come to FLL, a majority I would say would quit.....then again this may be a negotiations thing too, much like the pilots, we'll see

And those 6 passwords (I counted 7 for me) require that you they be changed every so often and can't be the same as a previous password =)

Correction - I have 8 passwords for Spirit now. I forgot they gave me a password when I had to sign that annual HR employee handbook acknowledgment. I now have a password for the "Spirit Airlines Human Resources and E-Training' website login"

How many of you guys actually created a login and signed that thing?

How many FA's are in DTW? What will the most Junior FA be?

That really sucks by the way.

There are 361 F/As in DTW as of the Jan bids. After the base reduction the most junior will be early 2002 seniority date

Latest resources

Back