• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that you Tony?

absolutely it is near KYIP and the "Wedge"

Is Detroit that great.

It's not that "great" to a person who doesn't have their family there. Don't think of it as an endorsement of how great DTW is - think of it as the uprooting of homes and lifestyles (living in base).

The business model has drastically changed over the past year or so here at Spirit. Including the major focus on all things south of Florida. Coupled with Contract negotiations - makes for interesting times here and increased resumes over to NWA in the near term I assume.

It's not that DTW is all that great, it's just home for now. I could almost deal with the move if it wasn't for the fact that I had to now commute to the 7th Circle of Hell.

The FLL base is the most degenerate, F*cked up place on the planet for Spirit Airlines. They can't get anything done down there.

It's not the crews, I'm not harping on my brothers and sister fight crews. It is the gate agents. They are the most unhelpful group in the entire Spirit system and that is IF you can find one. And now we have to work with them on a daily basis. I dread going there on flight, let alone now being based there. And of course, not really Spirit's fault, but the airport is so old, ineffecient and overcrowded, it is impossible to get around there.

Good times lay ahead indeed!

It's not that "great" to a person who doesn't have their family there. Don't think of it as an endorsement of how great DTW is - think of it as the uprooting of homes and lifestyles (living in base).

The business model has drastically changed over the past year or so here at Spirit. Including the major focus on all things south of Florida. Coupled with Contract negotiations - makes for interesting times here and increased resumes over to NWA in the near term I assume.

The Business model in JC's letter that said we have to keep the competition guessing. Nice model or mission statement. Tell that to my pregnant wife and my mortgage broker in DTW. Yes it is great here you want to why because it is home I don't pass judgement on your home. Well I have to call the bank and tell them I need to keep the competition guessing guerilla stlye. Love ya JC and Benny thanks

The Business model in JC's letter that said we have to keep the competition guessing. Nice model or mission statement. Tell that to my pregnant wife and my mortgage broker in DTW. Yes it is great here you want to why because it is home I don't pass judgement on your home. Well I have to call the bank and tell them I need to keep the competition guessing guerilla stlye. Love ya JC and Benny thanks
Testy........I was trying to answer a question. Not everybody lives or wants to live in Michigan. It was not passing judgement at all. Family is important so I can see why DTW pilots are hurt and angry. I know firsthand what commuting does to QOL.......I live in Denver.

See ya in FLL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back