Spirit closing DTW pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Matt,

I have the problem with landing a boat load of people there I could give two squirts what the feds have a problem with. Also the narrow runway that you refer too is already being violated every day with our operations in GUA less than a 150 ft. check the Op's Spec.

Chill out dude, I'm not defending it. Just pointing out that the perf numbers apparently allow landing on runway as short as Key West.

Now, how about having the cajones to announce your own name?

Any new word on DTW closing? Is all this new growth supposed to go to FLL, or is there speculation on another base opening?

Spirit gave word to the MEC two days ago that Detroit will remain open as a base.

They will slightly downsize to 43 crews by April.

Hi!

I heard that 3 former USA Jet guys that came over recently left: Skybus, Virgin America, NWA.

cliff
YIP

I believe the lost on the low side 20 and on the high side 40 because of the base closure. as for the 3 USA jet fellows I only know one for sure who left for Virgin and he is online now flying there DW are his initials as for the others I could not say for sure. The letter they sent to the pilot group regarding the change in status of the base closure was absolute BS. This management group deserves all the contempt they recieve.

I believe the lost on the low side 20 and on the high side 40 because of the base closure. as for the 3 USA jet fellows I only know one for sure who left for Virgin and he is online now flying there DW are his initials as for the others I could not say for sure. The letter they sent to the pilot group regarding the change in status of the base closure was absolute BS. This management group deserves all the contempt they recieve.

So an average of 30, I'm assumming Jr FOs less than a year, at a cost of what?? about $50Gs each to lodge, train and Type??? Good one Benny. I guess pilots are too expensive. "Contempt" is an understatement.

Latest resources

Back