Spirit closing DTW pilot base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Staple staple.........

Just kidding - mergers never are a good thing but the notion of not commuting is intriguing. Wait and see.

DTW base still open for FA's. This is obviously a shot across the bow for the pilot contract. Also, if they closed the FA base in DTW they would have about 500 FA's quit overnight. Most FA's would not commute for this job or move for it. A few would stay and do whatever, but the majority would definately be finished with it. I think the company knows that.

My theory is that the company wants to make this a SAT base. If the pilots weaken, which they probably will, and allow a SAT base here, THEN I can see the company come to the FA's and force them into a DTW base closure and make only a huge SAT base in DTW. How great for the company! They don't have to follow the contract and they get a base here.

I can see Carlson right now rubbing his hands together....my plan is working perfectly.

I can see Carlson right now rubbing his hands together....my plan is working perfectly.

"Smithers, pull my leg back so I can kick this man!"

[quote=cruxx@9;
My theory is that the company wants to make this a SAT base. If the pilots weaken, which they probably will.......

Just look at the Ryanair business model... 20 bases!!

I would also like to thank our MEC for allowing the company to have the first satelite base (er backroom deal) to open ACY for a small number of people, and start a great precedent during contract negotiations.
I can not wait to see the uncovered trips on Oct 1.
Best regards JC

I would also like to thank our MEC for allowing the company to have the first satelite base (er backroom deal) to open ACY for a small number of people, and start a great precedent during contract negotiations.
I can not wait to see the uncovered trips on Oct 1.
Best regards JC

It is already starting...........look at the flow sheets for this weekend.

I think you guys are major league disgruntled based on the DTW cancellations this weekend.

Latest resources

Back