• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest submits proposal to acquire Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This has to be approved by the UCC and the BK court. With RAH on the UCC, any bid will have to be considerably higher for the court to approve the deal.

To correct earlier post, this is an acquisition. The RLA details how acquisitions are handled. This is also nothing like ATA, as they had already filed Ch. 7.

The only good news so far is that RAH, or SWA, or any other bidder can no longer state that "we were your only salvation, without us you would have liquidated".

If this offer does qualify and SWA prevails in the auction, the law requires several steps towards SLI.

UAL might as well close DEN hub today....if this goes through they have no chance making it in DEN with their cost structure. It will be BWI all over again...

UAL was IAD hub, not BWI.

BWI was USAir, which deserted said hub when SWA showed up.

For Frontier:

Being bought by RAH = Death

Being bought by SWA = Life

I have a few friends at F9 and I'd love to see them at SWA. This could be a win-win all the way around.

My 3rd year pay at WN is about equal to 14 yr F/O pay at F9 according to APC. That could be a big gain for the F9 gang.

Anyone from the Morris deal now at SWA care to chime in on how that was all worked out?

According to the press release, sounds like an eventual merger. Both operate independently for a period of time, then an eventual merge. I would like to know what the feelings are at F9. Do most prefer Republic or SWA? Personally I'm very optimistic about this. I commute on F9 and have always been very impressed with the people. I also have a few buds that work at F9. As with all mergers, hopefully it will turn out amicalble on both sides. If we win the bid, welcome aboard guys. I look forward to working with you.

I see ATA written all over the wall. SWA knows that they are doing. Good Luck to all parties!

Not from the infomation being put forth. They are buying a functioning airline, not "some" assets. . . . . re-read the quote about how they " . . intend to operate it as a an airline".

The real question is will AirTran management come forth at the last minute and make a bid . . . or will we continue to be outplayed again?

Ty

True. Just like AA and TWA.

"Over time, Frontier Employees would be hired into Southwest as needed to support our fleet growth and expanded operations."

Notice it says "Hired into Southwest" not merged. How did pref hiring work out for the ATA pilots.

I hope that SWAPA helps to make sure a fair seniority list integration rather than just letting F9 pilots get preferential interviews and end up at the bottom of the seniority list.

By the way, there was no mention of Lynx Aviation pilots.

While I want to know where Lynx fits into this, I'm just happy to see SWA try to bump RAH out of the picture. I'm guessing they sell Lynx...Skywest maybe. Who knows.

Latest resources

Back