• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest submits proposal to acquire Frontier Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mergers are frequently messy. As a junior SWA guy I'm pretty uneasy about this.

HOWEVER, maybe the F9 pilots can teach the SWA pilots how to use automation, and fly a little international, since our flight ops management doesn't seem to understand it yet. That's something to look forward to!

Is this a merger or SWA buying Frontier?

Being the lowest pilot on the Southwest totem pole is still FAR preferable to being the top pilot on the Republic totem pole.

Great news if it actually happens for the F9 pilots. The one big negative for many of them: say bye-bye to your side-sticks and hello to traditional yokes again... You'll actually have to learn to fly again vs. just monitoring computers.

Is this a merger or SWA buying Frontier?

The press release is written like it's a buyout, but when seniority lists are combined (and I DON'T KNOW if that's even likely), it's more like a merger from a pilot's perspective.

This could be great for all, or it could suck for some.

A buying of assets.....not a merger.

Not from the infomation being put forth. They are buying a functioning airline, not "some" assets. . . . . re-read the quote about how they " . . intend to operate it as a an airline".

The real question is will AirTran management come forth at the last minute and make a bid . . . or will we continue to be outplayed again?

Ty

As an SWA pilot myself, I just want to say all of the employees are a class act and wish them well...... I hope this goes well.... (for everybody).

Latest resources

Back