Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, so now you want to be a parent, with a paddle. :D

Parents are most effective by being good examples, and don't wait until Christmas to be nice to people. :)

I have no idea why some folks slam click. It doesn't bother me. Maybe their wife is in the hospital. Maybe their child has brain cancer. Maybe they aren't in the mood to be happy and sociable, and need some private time to mourn. Its none of my business.

And I know some have problems with alcohol, food and bad experiences that have them called in to explain what happened for only being guilty by association.

These are different times my friends. Don't take it personally.

Haha
AND ... That's why The usair culture dominates instead of Piedmont and PSA.
Which were you? Bc those guys are freaking great.

Turtle's going to have plenty of "table for one" meals ahead of him for the remainder of his career. I can barely imagine someone choosing to spend time with someone who greenlighted the lawsuits against which they had to defend themselves, liquidating savings, college funds and in some cases marriages in the process (something reserved only for west pilots).

But back on topic, the nature of this career is time away from home and a crew can act as a temporary stand-in. You choose to make the best of the worst part of the job and make a few good memories at the same time. Otherwise after retirement when you're wearing false teeth and nylon ballcaps, you're grandkids will ask what the best part of being an airline pilot was and you oughta have a better answer than, "Well, those Sprinter hotel vans were pretty nice."

At SWA??

I can't remember my last 12 hour overnight

Sounds like some of you are really defensive.

And PCL sounds as depressed as I imagine.
Entertaining yourself by yourself.
You did say that.

Don't be afraid pcl- it's not too late to actually connect with the people you work with

We must work at different airlines.

Last edited:
Well, I can only speak for myself (still an AT 737CA) but I'm still getting decent layovers . . . for the time being, at least.

So you are saying that a captain who has a moral objection to alcohol should throw out what he believes in just so you can have a free drink? Wave, culture has nothing to do with sitting around a bar watching married dudes try and score with the fa's.

Maybe he chooses to chat over a "free" Starbucks.

Too much thought into this conversation. The thought is basically do the right thing with your crew and nothing more.

So you are saying that a captain who has a moral objection to alcohol should throw out what he believes in just so you can have a free drink? Wave, culture has nothing to do with sitting around a bar watching married dudes try and score with the fa's.

Maybe he chooses to chat over a "free" Starbucks.
Yeah when I was on probation the captain took the whole crew out for Chinese food. Prolly set him back $20. It was a while ago, you understand.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back