Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest slam clicks- c'mon captains....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So PCL when you come over are you going to refuse dinner and drinks from the captain and just stay in your room eating cheesy puffs and watching the adult channels on TV

Haha
AND ... That's why The usair culture dominates instead of Piedmont and PSA.
Which were you? Bc those guys are freaking great.

Let me tell you something that is getting somewhat lost but not gone at SWA-
We do encourage pilots to spend their money on the culture. Every new hire class donates $1,737, or more to the charity of their choosing. Ultimately we do want to breed the "it's all about me" OUT of the company. It's voluntary- but except for the snags who are dicks and take advantage and expect it (FAs sometimes- rarely pilots), you really should want to do it. And we get paid enough to do it.
It's kinda like when your parents first made you spend your own money on Christmas and bday presents- but you were a selfish 9 year old and didn't want to. But after they made you for a year or two, you learned how satisfying it is.

It's kinda like that. Except we aren't 9. And this thread shouldn't have to be had.

Do your part to keep your airline a good place to work

Oh, so now you want to be a parent, with a paddle. :D

Parents are most effective by being good examples, and don't wait until Christmas to be nice to people. :)

I have no idea why some folks slam click. It doesn't bother me. Maybe their wife is in the hospital. Maybe their child has brain cancer. Maybe they aren't in the mood to be happy and sociable, and need some private time to mourn. Its none of my business.

With the awesome new "rest" rules, my average overnight has been reduced to around 12 hours or less, often getting to the hotel long after the bar is closed. Going down for debrief has become a rare occurrence.

Last edited:
With the awesome new "rest" rules, my average overnight has been reduced to around 12 hours or less, often getting to the hotel long after the bar is closed. Going down for debrief has become a rare occurrence.

At SWA??

I can't remember my last 12 hour overnight

Sounds like some of you are really defensive.

And PCL sounds as depressed as I imagine.
Entertaining yourself by yourself.
You did say that.

Don't be afraid pcl- it's not too late to actually connect with the people you work with

At SWA??

I can't remember my last 12 hour overnight

I can.... It was yesterday.

I've been doing a lot of them lately. I've done 3, sub 11 hours layovers in the last 2 weeks.

Barely time to sleep, s**t, shower and shave, much less eat, or drink.....

I do make every attempt to fly late report time, high-ish paying (straight time) trips though. I'm not gonna waste a commute for 6.5 (or less) per day if I can help it. This typically means west coast on the first night, which means I am typically getting to the hotel at 0100-0200 (often later) body time. Still far better than AMs!

Last edited:
Well, nothing you can do about that-

My SWA layovers have turned my time management skills to sh/t:)

Hey look, if the shoe fits... But I agree with Ty, those that most need to hear this thread are those who won't or just post the snarky comments-
There's a great big world out there and in us-
I'm not letting this career take my soul
(He says trying to convince himself... Fight it at least):)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back