Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MarineGrunt said:
Yet another display of class. What happened to the "block user" function???

You'll learn very quickly who the "children" are that are posing as professional pilots and just ignore them, they will then go away! Its pretty pathetic when someone takes a pot shot at a tragic accident!

SWA/FO said:
Well we don't want his ass. He can go **** himself. So can the rest of you folks that have taken the time on this board to take cheap shots at Southwest.

This a a very sad day.. for all of us at SWA.

It sure is. My prayers go out to all in this case, and especially the family of the little boy. But SWA FO, if you cant contain yourself and if you have to use cheap vulgarity, you dont deserve to be here at all. I hope to see YOUR name in the penalty box tonight. You are not professional by any means and are an embarrassment to all here!

Last edited by a moderator:
SWA/FO said:
Well we don't want his ass. He can go **** himself. So can the rest of you folks that have taken the time on this board to take cheap shots at Southwest.

This a a very sad day.. for all of us at SWA.

??

If that is directed at me, I am curious how 121 distances are worked, not taking a shot at anyone. It has been an observation on my side of the business that contaminated runways are by a lot of pilots and operators, ignored as it severly limits the use of the airplane. I am interested in the airline side of things and am asking an honest question. I'm sorry for your company's situation, and more so for the family of the lost child. If there is anyone here who can help me learn about that I more than appreciate the insight.

Viffer said:
If there is anyone here who can help me learn about that I more than appreciate the insight.

You are starting to sound more like a lawyer. Let it go, they don't want to talk about it, and I don't blame them. God Bless to those involved.

Dennis Miller said:
You are starting to sound more like a lawyer. Let it go, they don't want to talk about it, and I don't blame them. God Bless to those involved.

Fair enough, this is all I will post. I still wonder though, how when our 15,000 lb airplane with a 95 knot ref can't meet a 135 landing there, how can a 737? Sorry to bother you.

Flight is fragile as well as life. God bless all suffering tonight because of this accident.

Last edited:
Juan_Tugo said:
So, do your SOP's have a provision for landing on a contaminated runway with a tailwind?

Viffer said:
??

If that is directed at me, I am curious how 121 distances are worked, not taking a shot at anyone. It has been an observation on my side of the business that contaminated runways are by a lot of pilots and operators, ignored as it severly limits the use of the airplane. I am interested in the airline side of things and am asking an honest question. I'm sorry for your company's situation, and more so for the family of the lost child. If there is anyone here who can help me learn about that I more than appreciate the insight.

You guys don't really expect us to discuss our procedures at this time do you? Please stop trying to bait us.
I appreciate the MANY folks who have shown class tonight.

just got home and heard two things right away. SWA went off the runway at MDW... That sucks!

I also heard that this thread on flightinfo had rapidly degenerated by the wanna-be crowd typical of flightinfo-ers these days. :angryfire

Well allow me just one post here since I have been hanging out over at the "other" message board. All you idiots trashing SWA can KISS MY ASS!
I know this is a hard day for you SW guys. Stay strong, stay safe. Aloha

(This is why I dont use this board anymore, too many wanna-bes that dont know sh!t)

God be with all those involved.

I'm not saying that maybe tonight is the best time to ask, but I dont think asking about contaminated runway procedures is showing "no class". Discussions involving safety issues like this help people become more safety conscious, and it gives others a chance to learn something maybe they didnt know.

Latest resources

Back