Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what's wrong with this board...

All of you out there that are making light of this are truly pathetic! For God's sake, wake up! A kid died! I don't care if others make fun of other airlines. Take the higher road for once. As "professionals", some of you are acting like absolute f-in pricks. What happened to compassion, what happened to brotherhood, what about solidarity?

Go ahead and make your jokes. I hope it never happens to you. I'm with Sig:

PHUC|{ YOU ALL.

AAflyer said:
I do not know WHY he spoke, or what agreement he has, I guess the same could be made from everyone from John Nance, to Jim Dent. You should direct that question to them. To answer you sepcifically, your question of who this individual was smacked with a tone of "who is this low time flight instructor".

Well, I did not mean for it to come out that way. From the FAA database I could see that both of these individuals are very experienced pilots. My AGI, CFI point was, being a civilian CFI myself, I thought of these men being some of the FBO quarterbacks from the old days. No slam intended at the man you know, but I would never speak to the press, even if it was not my airline involved. I am also no fan of John Nance. I have been in many airports when the TV crews are scrambling to get some story, and I personally wouldn't give those morons the time of day. Case in point from a TV crew tonight........

Male reporter; “By all accounts the airplane ran off the end of the runway, through the fence and through the sound barrier.” (The sound barrier he was referring to is an acoustical {sound} barrier fence.)

Female reporter; “The SOUND BARRIER, isn’t that really fast? Why were the pilots flying that fast on landing?”

Male reporter; Long pause, then he explained the difference.

Canyon,

I agree, I would never want to be called by the media and asked specific questions, there are just too many variables. I do prefer these guys over the Miles Obriens of the business, but thats all.

If I were near by and asked, I would simply say "no comment, and my thoughts and prayers are with eveyone involved".

regards,

AA

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deseased child and the crew and their families as well. Hang in there guys. You are a class act. This stuff can happen to anyone of us on a bad day! Shame on the cheap shots!

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]God Bless the little child that was lost tonite. It does show that our actions effect many others and I pray that this was truly an accident and not poor judgment/gross pilot error.

I am truly sad.
[/FONT]

1800 RVR said:
I'm with Sig:
Amen. I lost my top over this, because we lost sight of the cost of this mishap.

Thanks, 1800RVR.

To FN FAL: I have taken a deep breath, and I still shake wondering how I'd feel if my little girl was the one who died. Much respect to you, and you know why. Thanks.

To the rest--- Stop the cheap shots at SWA. There but the grace of god go I, and hopefully I'll get an hour or two of sleep tonight. May decency prevail and the good folks involved find peace.

I'm very sad to hear that somebody lost their life in this terrible accident..and even more so when I heard it was a 6 year old boy(assuming the CNN report was correct). They also stated that "numerous other people are in critical condition", and alluded to the fact that those people were from the cars the aircraft hit, not from the airplane.

The "expert" they spoke with, Steven Cowell, was described as "a pilot that is qualified in the Boeing 737 and trained with Southwest Airlines". WTF does that mean? Does it mean that he worked for SWA as a pilot or instructor? Does it mean that he got a 737 type rating and used a SWA sim for the training? Of course, they don't specify. He seemed to have some system knowledge of the aircraft, but not of Southwest SOP's, so I'm guessing he didn't fly for or teach for SWA.

Godspeed to all involved....and God bless that little boy.

Latest resources

Back