Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWA/FO said:
I have no respect for any of these cheap shots by a bunch of dicks! :angryfire
Hopefully, nobody is/was hurt. None of us know what happened.

Your righteous indignation would carry more...wait, scratch that....some weight if you got as hot and bothered when your fellow SW pilots spray all over the board.

guy on CNN says he is a pilot that "trained with SWA" and others refer to him as a "former SWA pilot." he then procedes to say a bunch of stuff that anyone who worked here would know is wrong. who is steve cowell?

If you've ever operated in MDW on a regular basis you'd understand that it's a different animal. (no F9 pun intended).

DCA is different, LGA is different, but they can all be rather challenging. If you've operated there, you'd understand.

Operationally, I doubt that any changes to MDW or Chicago operations will change as a result of this. If you've operated there, you'd understand.

Even with all the speculation, critiqueing, criticism, MDW is a viable airport. It could be better.

Canyon,

I got the impression he was an intructor pilot (retired), are those guys line guys? Not sure where the others are getting the interns from, Jim Dent sounds halfway decent, (remember they are trying to talk to the masses, not specifically pilots), the other guys was 737,777 pilot from CAL.

Glad everyone is ok, don;t much like MDW in good weather. Hang in there guys.

AA

canyonblue737 said:
guy on CNN says he is a pilot that "trained with SWA" and others refer to him as a "former SWA pilot." he then procedes to say a bunch of stuff that anyone who worked here would know is wrong. who is steve cowell?

FAA database shows a Steven Cowell from Denver with FE, 727, 737 Ratings. The other "expert" was ROBERT SPROC. Both these guys have CFI and AGI certificates. Why is it these are the guys that believe they are the so called "experts" and must lend a hand to the investigation.

Last edited:
Hey can one of you SWA guys answer a question? Most places I have worked prohibit a landing on a contaminated runway with a tailwind no mater what the numbers say, can you guys do that?

FLYnMONKEYS said:
Hey can one of you SWA guys answer a question? Most places I have worked prohibit a landing on a contaminated runway with a tailwind no mater what the numbers say, can you guys do that?

Did it just get really quiet in here or what?

Texas,Could be better? The place is a dump except for the new terminal.Starting 1972 I have operated G11, N265, DC 9 10 30 40 50,B727 100/ 200, B757 200/300 and A320 into MDW and I always knew that even if I did everything perfect this is the one place I could really get burned.I always like a challenge but in reality its not fair to the pax to lower our safety standards. MDW is marginal for a jet in winter period. This snow scenario was one of my prime concerns.The other is having to land with a tailwind because of ORD traffic.Sounds like tonight we had both.These guys most likely were right on the money.SWA guys are 99% real good sticks.

Last edited:
canyonblue said:
FAA database shows a Steven Cowell from Denver with FE, 727, 737 Ratings. The other "expert" was ROBERT SPROC. Both these guys have CFI and AGI certificates. Why is it these are the guys that believe they are the so called "experts" and must lend a hand to the investigation.

Rob Sproc is a pilot for AA, with thousands of hours on the 737-800.
He is also a quality individual.

AA

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back