• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah - I'm completely disgusted. No wonder I shy away from these boards. If you can't at least show a minimal amount of respect and professionalism then just shut the he!! up.

None of us were on that flight so we have no right to say what went wrong. All I can say is that the crew did a great job taking an emergency situation and getting all pax off with no injuries. My thoughts and prayers to the injured person in the vehicle.

we are all one landing away from this happening to us.

I swore off CNN years ago.

Looks like Southwest management will have to ramp up their free leather jackets and catered lunches for ATC to keep the priority 250 kts. to the marker and Olympian sprint taxi clearance.

People, stop it with the cheap shots already. This could have been a much more serious accident. Kudos to the crew of this flight, and may god bless SWA

atafan said:
I swore off CNN years ago.

They are interviewing a lady at the bar across the street and she just said its like 9/11 without the explosives.

WTF does that mean.

Hello Fox News

tlax25 said:
First of all glad to hear all from the plane are out safely and most on the ground are ok.

When an incident like this, at a smaller airport like MDW occurs, what happens to all the planes in the stack? Are they sent into a holding pattern by ATC, diverted to other aiports, etc? I assume MDW is closed for the time being. Would ORD and Milwaukee and Detroit be likely diversion airports?

Thanks. I know it is minor question, just curious.

Just like in the movie Die Hard 2, they all hold until the airport becomes operational, or force it in whenever they're almost out of fuel.

It's amazing the more overruns haven't happened at MDW; that is one tough airport with the short runways. Could have been much worse. Anyways, with all that said, I say lighten up to the cheap shot comments. The need for professionalism on an anoymomous rumor internet board is much smaller than real life interactions. My smart a$$ comment: Is the media accurate about the Southwest Jet in the landing phase of flight or were they just taxiing around the airport. Either way, it would be roughly the same speed.

Kidding, Kidding. I love SWA and your friendly easy going crews.

People, stop it with the cheap shots already. This could have been a very serious accident, so kudos to the crew and may God bless

Latest resources

Back