• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest off the runway at MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8 year old boy is dead. You d!cks happy now??

AAflyer said:
Rob Sproc is a pilot for AA, with thousands of hours on the 737-800.
He is also a quality individual.

AA

That may very well be, but for the life of me I cannot understand why any "quality individual" would offer their opinion to the media, when the public would take it as fact. Airline pilots should know better, it's easy "no comment".

canyonblue said:
That may very well be, but for the life of me I cannot understand why any "quality individual" would offer their opinion to the media, when the public would take it as fact. Airline pilots should know better, it's easy "no comment".

He didn't speculate at all on the cause of the accident. He was thankfully providing a little bit of good information to the media that is always clueless about things like this. Would you prefer to have an experienced 737 pilot talking about this or CNN's Miles O'Moron who putts around in his Bonanza on the weekends? Take your pick, because CNN is going to put someone on the air to talk about it.

Thats a tough call MDW with the snow.

Can a HP person answer,

1. do you all use the auto-brakes?
2. can you accept tailwind landings with snow?

I wonder with all the snow and ice i see on the CNN shots what the reported braking action was on those runways?

What a sad story.

Last edited:
SWA at MDW...........

My sincere, heartfelt sympathy goes out to all those involved.
No one likes to here of something so terrible happening.
For those who feel that this is the perfect oportunity to jab at SWA.....
Don't. There is loss of life in this one. Be kind. This could have easily happened to any carrier operating into such a demanding airport in demanding weather conditions.

BBD

canyonblue said:

I do not know WHY he spoke, or what agreement he has, I guess the same could be made from everyone from John Nance, to Jim Dent. You should direct that question to them. To answer you sepcifically, your question of who this individual was smacked with a tone of "who is this low time flight instructor".
I gave you his stats, and also my opinion of the individual I have met and spoken with. I have read a lot more crap on this thread, than an airline pilot being asked his opinion. Do I care much for the media and they way in which they attack a story, NO, but this is the USA. The things which make this country great are also it's downfall.

Now, to end this topic with you, I am truly sorry a boy lost his life, however I am greatful your crew and passengers are "ok". I wish you all well.

AA

MarineGrunt said:
8 year old boy is dead. You d!cks happy now??

You are fucking right, sir.
the censorship; you're exactly right. A kid died. CHILD! A little boy is dead. If any of you giddy pukes have given the rest of humanity the misfortune of breeding, it's our loss.

A crew gets to live with this forever, playing the whatifs until they fly west.

THIS IS CHRISTMAS. A kiddo ain't gettin' his 8th (or 6th, depending on the veracity of the reports) santa visit, a crew gets to try to sleep on that at night, and some of you swine play gas station cheap shots.

My thoughts to all involved. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back