• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like a great program. I was just curious "who" was inputting the data. So I assume the rampers just delivery the cargo load sheet and then the rest is up to the pilots.

That is exactly correct. Rampers usually deliver the ramp load to the pilots a few minutes before door close and the pilot inputs it along with fuel on board, Pax, runways anticipated (up to 3 can be inputed), runway conditions, and various power settings desired for T.O. (TO1, TO2, and/or Assumed Temp). Usually results are returned in 15-30 seconds. The pilot then Accepts or Rejects the results. If accepted the flap setting and Vspeeds are populated in the takeoff page. The ZFW is populated in the Perf page.

Sounds like a great program. I was just curious "who" was inputting the data. So I assume the rampers just delivery the cargo load sheet and then the rest is up to the pilots.

That's it. Peep count, bag count and fuel. Like the OPC you will have some pilot inputed options like manual speed brakes and anti ice. Mel/CDLs are added by the dispatcher. All performance considerations are computed for you, like climb gradient. With any automated system it's going to make you lazy and dumb, so you will develop your own sanity check to make sure it's accurate.And it works just as good in Mexico City as it does in ATL. In fact the only occasional hiccup is antennae location at the station. Currently I think MDW is the only one with spotty coverage at the gate, but numbers come up after push. It will boil down to IPad replacing the OPC or Aerodata in a likelihood.

How long are you going to keep up these little snipes?

honestly, hiw long are you going to run with the ilkusion that you got screwed and swa pilots are so awful?
Nobody said we were better, we said the job was better and more difficult to get. We were also the buying carrier. All of which are seniority issues. What's more arrogant is AT pilots getting their company bought and fully expecting to screw with the process and have the final outcome be Relative seniority, or what was it that PCL said: ' worst case scenario for AT pilots should be date of hire(!)' really?

Your problem is buying into alpa's divisive expectations about what you "deserved"

No idea what you line guys actually wanted in that deal,
seriously, none...

Exactly Wave!

ALPA's game plan was to run out the clock on the whole process. They had no desire to pass ANYTHING that came from the MC. NONE.

They knew the SWAPA contract would be there in the end. Money, QOL, stabilty, etc. All of it. Just get it to arbitration, at all cost.

Bad move for the 1700 pilots of Airtran. Every one of them.

Done and over.

Exactly Wave!

ALPA's game plan was to run out the clock on the whole process. They had no desire to pass ANYTHING that came from the MC. NONE.

They knew the SWAPA contract would be there in the end. Money, QOL, stabilty, etc. All of it. Just get it to arbitration, at all cost.

Done and over.

sorry to have to ask, but can someone give me the cliff notes version of what exactly the Air Tran pilots got? I know a friend of mine that was hired and made captain in 05 is still going to remain a captain post-WN merger, so that doesn't sound bad to me on it's face, or am I missing something?

What's the domicile fence like, is there one?

The first agreement, the one the ALPA turned down had...

10 year CA seats for AAI.
10 base fences for ATL for AAI.
SW pay and benefits almost immediately.

The second deal wasn't so generous.

Zero CA seats, no fences what so ever. No SW pay until transitioned over. Slightly more seniority for AAI, slightly.

ALPA thought they knew better. Everyone else paid a heavy price for that arrogance.

The first agreement, the one the ALPA turned down had...

10 year CA seats for AAI.
10 base fences for ATL for AAI.
SW pay and benefits almost immediately.

The second deal wasn't so generous.

Zero CA seats, no fences what so ever. No SW pay until transitioned over. Slightly more seniority for AAI, slightly.

ALPA thought they knew better. Everyone else paid a heavy price for that arrogance.

Deal one was what I guess my friend told me about last year... deal two sounds VERY bad.... there are 20+ year CA's there, right? so now they're all FO's?

Also, this 10 year fence... does it have gates? or is there a total base bid freeze in and out for 10 years? I don't get it..

Deal one was what I guess my friend told me about last year... deal two sounds VERY bad.... there are 20+ year CA's there, right? so now they're all FO's?

Also, this 10 year fence... does it have gates? or is there a total base bid freeze in and out for 10 years? I don't get it..

The fence was in Deal #1. It doesn't exsist at this point. I can't remember about bidding around the fence because as soon as ALPA voted it down, it didn't matter anymore.

NOW...as AAI guys transistion over, they are FO's. After 2015, if there is a NEW CA seat, they can bid for it...if their seniority can hold it. Jan 2015 you hold what you can hold.

sorry to have to ask, but can someone give me the cliff notes version of what exactly the Air Tran pilots got? I know a friend of mine that was hired and made captain in 05 is still going to remain a captain post-WN merger, so that doesn't sound bad to me on it's face, or am I missing something?

What's the domicile fence like, is there one?

Your friend will first downgrade to FO and then be eligible for upgrade in 2015 if there is a vacancy. If that vacancy is created by an AT transition aircraft, then he/she is not eligible for that vacancy. It has to be through retirements or growth for us to reupgrade. It is possible you spoke to your friend prior to SWA announcing the removal of the 717 from their fleet, that changed alot of expectations on both sides.

Exactly Wave!

Done and over.

Still talking out of your ass, I see. The MEC voted down the first deal, after a whole hell of a lot of debate and stress, because they didn't believe that it was a fair deal, and because they believed that a better deal was achievable in arbitration. It's that simple. No convoluted plans, no sinister strategies, just reps doing what they thought was best for their members.

Latest resources

Back