Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're a class act Wave.

Meanwhile; AirTran pilots are fixing your international program, enabling your stalled ETOPS program, fixing your training, fixing your 1970s Performance calculations for the - 800, introducing ACARS performance to your fleet and showing your ramp training programs how to emerge from 1980s via the interwebs.

When you get a chance, ask your Director of Training how many programs have been taken over by AirTran pilots. Good luck with Mexico City; Apparently, it doesnt need any extra training, it's just like any other airport ...... Apart from the volcanoes and the nearly 8000 foot airport elevation :D
Thank you!;)

Some of us tried to tell our head peeps that things are a little old fashion around here. I guess when you have been flying it like a -200-;) some people just don't want to change. Don't discount us little ol line pilots though. We have been their done that type of flying many times over in our former life.

Meanwhile; AirTran pilots are fixing your international program, enabling your stalled ETOPS program, fixing your training, fixing your 1970s Performance calculations for the - 800, introducing ACARS performance to your fleet and showing your ramp training programs how to emerge from 1980s via the interwebs.

When you get a chance, ask your Director of Training how many programs have been taken over by AirTran pilots. Good luck with Mexico City; Apparently, it doesnt need any extra training, it's just like any other airport ...... Apart from the volcanoes and the nearly 8000 foot airport elevation :D

Many thanks. When this acquisition was announced we were told there would be an exhaustive "best practices" study and adoption of operating procedures superior to the ones currently in use at SWA. I must admit, I was skeptical in the beginning because SWA is very fond of reinventing the wheel. If we are smart enough to learn something from the very capable folks coming on board I applaud it. I know it wasn't offered up by you as a positive thing, but I'll take it anyway.

Many thanks. When this acquisition was announced we were told there would be an exhaustive "best practices" study and adoption of operating procedures superior to the ones currently in use at SWA. I must admit, I was skeptical in the beginning because SWA is very fond of reinventing the wheel. If we are smart enough to learn something from the very capable folks coming on board I applaud it. I know it wasn't offered up by you as a positive thing, but I'll take it anyway.

Nice post.

You're a class act Wave.

D
Good, so you guys are finally doing something for this company.

:rolleyes::)

You're absolutely right. Credit should absolutely be given to SWA for taking the strong points of each company and mixing the two. It's the only way we'll get better as a company.

Wave is still a tool though :D He's mired in his personal and cultural bias that assures him that it took sooooooo much longer to begin a career at SWA. It's been factually disproved. Perhaps, it's more of a reflection upon how long it took him to get hired. With the exception of Military pilots and their obvious legal commitments, every SWA pilot I know was hired in their early to mid thirties. Just like AirTran. The analysis on my seniority.com confirms it.

What would they do with JB fleet? another 717 debacle

Yet you tried to stir up crap by suggesting SWA wanted HA's 717's and A 330's?
You often point fingers at others as stirring up crap about SWA and take offense, yet you try and throw out what is probably one of the least possible scenarios around to try and stir up crap, what's your problem with HA out of curiosity?

HowardBorden; said:
I know it wasn't offered up by you as a positive thing, but I'll take it anyway.

Howard .....

It was offered as a positive thing by me. It was also offered to refute Waves perception of a young, barely qualified pilot group who should be thankful that Uncle Gary, after much honest analysis, offered us a career in nirvana.

Uncle G offered to take his pound of flesh, then when he realized that he could, doubled down and took a kidney. Clever and cunning; but he's not going to win hearts and minds for it.

I'm sure there are SWA pilots that feel the same.

You're absolutely right. Credit should absolutely be given to SWA for taking the strong points of each company and mixing the two. It's the only way we'll get better as a company.

Wave is still a tool though :D He's mired in his personal and cultural bias that assures him that it took sooooooo much longer to begin a career at SWA. It's been factually disproved. Perhaps, it's more of a reflection upon how long it took him to get hired. With the exception of Military pilots and their obvious legal commitments, every SWA pilot I know was hired in their early to mid thirties. Just like AirTran. The analysis on my seniority.com confirms it.
You might want to review your analysis, the average new hire age at SWa has always been about age 42-45, not thirty something. In my class of 20 only one was younger than 30, two younger than 40.

He's mired in his personal and cultural bias that assures him that it took sooooooo much longer to begin a career at SWA.

Dicko,

Are you seriously saying that getting hired at both companies was equally the same? Really?

If Airtran worked into your plans and you agreed to work under a sub-par contract (with hopes of it improving under horrible management), then good. And that's not meant as a slam. For some, I'm sure that was the only place they might have wanted to go (for their own personal reasons), but not even close to hiring equals.

Hundreds of AAI pilot would have gone to SW in a heartbeat if offered a class date. The same couldn't be said for Southwest pilots waiting patiently to get to Airtran. Just the facts bro.

As far as getting the best ideas from the Airtran side, that's just going to work well for all us...together. So I'm glad they are looking at everything to improve the operation. No matter where it comes from.

Latest resources

Back