• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Line on Credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't acquire an airline and treat them the way AirTran was treated and expect to get the full benefit of the transaction.
There are a lot of vocal pilots on this board, but they are really a very small percentage of the 46,000 employees. Not every pilot is unhappy about the situation, just like not every employee is peeved about the transaction. Some folks are very happy about the acquisition and feel very fortunate that the combined company will be stronger and more profitable going forward. Some feel that they will earn a significantly higher income now with more financial stability. So when you say: "You can't acquire an airline and treat them the way AirTran was treated and expect to get the full benefit of the transaction." I think your taking a very narrow view. Lots of people are quite happy with the way it turned out. We tend to only look at our airlines from the pilot perspective when in truth we are a very small portion of the equation.

Southwest Code-Shares Providing Additional $1 Million In Daily Revenue

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article...1_2013_p04-01-560676.xml#.UUyzMbgbA8M.twitter

Dan Roman you stated that Gary Kelly played "dirty pool" and that the "Airtran people were screwed over" how specifically on both points.

I agree the combination of two airlines inherently sucks.

Thanks
Ghetto

Last edited:
You might want to review your analysis, the average new hire age at SWa has always been about age 42-45, not thirty something. In my class of 20 only one was younger than 30, two younger than 40.

Complete B.S. Over half the page that I'm looking at from the combined seniority list are SWA guys hired in their mid to early thirties.

You've bought off on the SWAPA propaganda. It was a partial truth, there are small sections of the mid - top of our list. That's where SWAPA started with their myth.

The numbers have been analyzed. Email [email protected]

Southwest is better then AirTran. We won! Get over it, You're lucky you are here. You made your bed and accepted it by voting over 80%. Leave!!! if you don't like it, thousands want your job.

If your didn't want to lose your Captain seat - you should have taken DEAL #1 and you would have had

We won?

You must be one of those guys that got an upgrade (or off the bottom of the captain list) on the backs of 80000+ #'s-

Deal#2 was better for you, but worse for all AT pilots and half RSW FOs- way to look out - keep your vitriol in your pants dude

Dicko-
You deny that AT had a 500 TPIC requirement in 2004?
That could be waived if so desired?

I don't doubt that you had some older pilots in the mix- so many pilots were laid off after 9/11- pilots landed at just about every airline- even regionals-
But again, there is no question that the SWA and AT jobs were not remotely equal at any time before the merger.
Are you questioning that assertion? By what metric are you measuring your equality? We had 2 pilots leave widebody FO slots at delta to come here in my class.

I'm willing to hear your argument though-

We won?

You must be one of those guys that got an upgrade (or off the bottom of the captain list) on the backs of 80000+ #'s-

Deal#2 was better for you, but worse for all AT pilots and half RSW FOs- way to look out - keep your vitriol in your pants dude

Nope.... wrong. Point was: if they wanted their Captain seats - they should have taken deal #1. Deal #2 PASSED 84%. As in 84% of the AT guys thought they should take the deal. Much like 84% of the Southwest guys thought they should take the deal.

Get over it. "Timing" = is everything. Luck helps too.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back