• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest has NO plans to furlough if 717s leave, from GK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those flight attendants, always the best source for the latest intel. :)

For a "done deal," it's certainly taking an awful long time for any details to leak out. I have a feeling that they can't come to terms on a deal.

Supposedly Airbus came in with a similar deal for used A319s at similar prices with no pilots included. Maybe there is a glut out there due to European airlines going BK? We'll see which one wins, but I doubt any pilots will be coming along with planes, since it would be via the lessors.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
Just heard today: 12 717s to Delta in Jan 2013 with AT pilots...who knows whats really going on???

Just heard today: 12 717s to Delta in Jan 2013 with AT pilots...who knows whats really going on???

Delta already has pilots so why would they need more pilots to come with planes that will replace other planes? SW has already said that they will replace the 717's one-for-one with new deliveries so they wouldn't need fewer pilots. I don't pretend to know what's going on with the 717's but no pilots are going with them if they go, of that you can be sure.

Delta already has pilots so why would they need more pilots to come with planes that will replace other planes? SW has already said that they will replace the 717's one-for-one with new deliveries so they wouldn't need fewer pilots. I don't pretend to know what's going on with the 717's but no pilots are going with them if they go, of that you can be sure.

It is in the ALPA bylaws.

They are two ALPA carriers , the AT pilots go with the aircraft .

It will be nice to see the AirTran pilots that go to DAL get seat protection and ALPA senority .

The AT pilots deserve what General Lee and OY6 have been saying they deserve.

It is in the ALPA bylaws.

They are two ALPA carriers , the AT pilots go with the aircraft .

It will be nice to see the AirTran pilots that go to DAL get seat protection and ALPA senority .

The AT pilots deserve what General Lee and OY6 have been saying they deserve.

It's never going to happen.

Most likely not. But If DAL takes the aircraft they will be taking the pilots
That's not what our CBA says.

What it DOES say is IF an (unspecified) number of aircraft (more than 30% of our block hours over the previous 12 months) are sold TO ANOTHER CERTIFICATED AIR CARRIER, in a single transaction or multiple transactions over a 1 year time span, then the company is required to "undertake its best and all commercially-reasonable efforts to require the air carrier purchaser to offer employment to that number of pilots"....

Section 1.F.1 Page 8 & 9 of the AAI CBA

Now that's arguable from about 20 different points of view. I'm sure SWA would be happy to divest themselves of the pilots who WANT to work for DAL over SWA, especially seeing as they could replace those higher-longevity pilots for new-hires (lots of money saved and some happy SWA pilots who have fewer people plugged in the middle of the seniority list), but for that very same reason, DAL would probably prefer NOT to take those pilots.

In essence, no one knows what's going to happen and if/when/how the pilots would go with such a deal... if one even exists at this point.

Latest resources

Back