• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest has NO plans to furlough if 717s leave, from GK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair is Fair, but do you know if any Deltoids have moved over to Airtran? in the past? or have many Airtran pilots interviewed and moved on to Delta? Just curious.

CYA

Hey, seriously(!)
Stop-
AT is now our brothers- it is ironic - but lets not get riled about what's not happening

AT pilots have been through the washing machine the last several years- new union, contentious mgmt, strike preps, acquisition and the SLI- there are families involved and real people- I appreciate how well they've performed under pressure with all this.

If a transaction occurs that triggers any options they have in their contract, we'll handle it then. But they have my respect and I got their back in any case- and can pass along every assurance that they will have a secure job no matter-

I think the hypotheticals are unhealthy at best

Hey, seriously(!)
Stop-
AT is now our brothers- it is ironic - but lets not get riled about what's not happening

AT pilots have been through the washing machine the last several years- new union, contentious mgmt, strike preps, acquisition and the SLI- there are families involved and real people- I appreciate how well they've performed under pressure with all this.

If a transaction occurs that triggers any options they have in their contract, we'll handle it then. But they have my respect and I got their back in any case- and can pass along every assurance that they will have a secure job no matter-

I think the hypotheticals are unhealthy at best
Well-said. Thanks, :beer:

:)

I find it odd that all the Delta pilots that where on here fighting for the AirTran pilots rights , now want nothing to do with them.

Why is that?

Don't now how many actual Delta guys are on here. If in the unlikely event Delta gets the airplanes and the pilots come with them, I would expect them to get as fair a negotiated or arbitrated deal as they can.

Delta guys on here? There are two (maybe one actually),

and they are both banned. Standby for their responses.

We have several Delta guys that took the early out. All of them are great level headed ace pilots. We had a few go to delta for varying reasons.

The fact that keeps getting missed is the planes are not going from AT to DAL. They would go to Boeing for a complete retro fit etc. If the AT pilots are going anywhere, they are going to Boeing for a job. AT is not the owners of the aircraft.

It's just not going to happen. This is not a merger - it would be buying some used airframes that got turned into the holder of the note. When DAL bought AA's 757s, did DAL get AA pilots? When DAL bought ATA 757s, did DAL get ATA pilots? No and No. When DAL sold AT their tired out DC9s, did AT get DAL pilots? NO. But if DAL is to buy a plane from AT, then by god the AT pilots deserve relative seniority. Oh, that does make sense...NOT.

Well I am a Delta guy and I have heard rumors of the 717 coming from Boeing too.....

Just sayin'

The fact that keeps getting missed is the planes are not going from AT to DAL. They would go to Boeing for a complete retro fit etc. If the AT pilots are going anywhere, they are going to Boeing for a job. AT is not the owners of the aircraft.

It's just not going to happen. This is not a merger - it would be buying some used airframes that got turned into the holder of the note. When DAL bought AA's 757s, did DAL get AA pilots? When DAL bought ATA 757s, did DAL get ATA pilots? No and No. When DAL sold AT their tired out DC9s, did AT get DAL pilots? NO. But if DAL is to buy a plane from AT, then by god the AT pilots deserve relative seniority. Oh, that does make sense...NOT.

You're missing a key component: in those other cases, the airplanes weren't returned to the lessor as part of a deal between two air carriers. In this case, a deal is being worked out between two airlines. Boeing would just be an intermediary for the airplanes to transfer from Southwest to Boeing. When there is a deal worked out between air carriers, the fragmentation language in our CBA applies, assuming it is a transfer of enough airframes, and assuming no new airframes are delivered as replacements. Again, I don't think those last two conditions will apply, though, since this is likely to be an airplane swap (717s for 737s).

Latest resources

Back