• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest has NO plans to furlough if 717s leave, from GK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could are less if your fat on pilots. You take planes, you take pilots. ( unless no Airtran pilot wants to go over to DAL)

ALPA will make sure of it.

All the growth with Delta, what does moving down several hundred numbers matter anyway ?

Yeah, can we take the China Eastern pilots if we take their MD90s? That's what I thought.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I did not know they where ALPA, my bad.... :)

No pilots with aircraft. DAL's CEO stated publicly that SWA was offering cash per airframe, per month for DAL to take them. That is a FACT. DAL will get these from Boeing and Boeing will do all the mods to bring them in line. He said that because he needs a specific pay rate to fly them for Delta. Do you think for one second any Delta pilot would agree to a "specific" pay rate and to lose any seniority in the process? Not going to happen - not to mention DAL is about 300 pilots heavy at present. They will sell the deal to the pilots with the carrot of growth and upgrades etc. If they add in 800 pilots, there will be no growth so why take a crappy pay rate? No crappy pay rate, no need for DAL to get the jets. Simple really.

True but these A/C are not coming from SWA but Boeing Commercial Capital or whatever its called. This scenario has happened before with Eastern.

O how I have heard.

ALPA promised the Eastern pilots that they would go with the aircraft .

What u said is so full of the truth except for the ruined lives,families and suicides.that part was left out .

I find it odd that all the Delta pilots that where on here fighting for the AirTran pilots rights , now want nothing to do with them.

Why is that?

I find it odd that all the Delta pilots that where on here fighting for the AirTran pilots rights , now want nothing to do with them.

Why is that?

DL is not merging with AT or SWA. IF there was a merger, then any SLI should be done fairly. If SWA were to return planes they don't own to a lessor, and then the lessor leases those planes to someone else, then why take the pilots? Just like I stated earlier about the China Eastern MD90s. Since they are getting rid of those planes, should their pilots come along too? Are you having a hard time understanding this?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

OYS: BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, staple or better yet don't even take the AT pilots with the planes (IF IT HAPPENS AT ALL)....after all your holier than thou preaching about treating fellow pilots fairly...you sure have changed your tune...NICE

DL is not merging with AT or SWA. IF there was a merger, then any SLI should be done fairly. If SWA were to return planes they don't own to a lessor, and then the lessor leases those planes to someone else, then why take the pilots? Just like I stated earlier about the China Eastern MD90s. Since they are getting rid of those planes, should their pilots come along too? Are you having a hard time understanding this?

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Do u actually believe the spin that you put out ?

It's called talking out of Both sides of ur mouth . Politicians do it all the time.

If SWA were to return planes they don't own to a lessor, and then the lessor leases those planes to someone else, then why take the pilots? Just like I stated earlier about the China Eastern MD90s. Since they are getting rid of those planes, should their pilots come along too? Are you having a hard time understanding this?

Because that's what our contract says. China Eastern pilots don't have a contract. Are you having a hard time understanding this?

Latest resources

Back