Southwest has NO plans to furlough if 717s leave, from GK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's some homework for you Rough,

Go check the history of OYS starting threads then let us know what the percentage of those are about Southwest.

The numbers are going to be pretty telling.

Standing By.

I posted something that many people would probably want to read. I can see now that you may not have wanted to post it for personal reasons, but many AT guys might find it interesting. And NO, I haven't heard anything about ALPA offering 800 AT guys seats with the planes if they go away. I think they will happily move over to your seats, and enjoy it. That's great.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

He never actually threatened that we would lose our jobs.

To be honest, I have a lot less info than you do, but it sure seemed like the second offer from GK was intended to say that if it was turned down, things would be a lot worse for the AT folks, like perhaps they would not enjoy much of a career with SWA?. Your defending that?

Looks like you guys need a hug.

Always! And get used to it- we hug around here- just wait til herb plants one on your lips(!)

Hey look- at some point AT pilots might want to take responsibility for their role in the deal... Helps me in my life anyway-

But again- don't let OYS win and rile everybody up on old news. Nobody's gonna be a loser here- different shades of winning is all you're gonna see

To be honest, I have a lot less info than you do, but it sure seemed like the second offer from GK was intended to say that if it was turned down, things would be a lot worse for the AT folks, like perhaps they would not enjoy much of a career with SWA?.

That was never actually said by Gary or anyone else in senior management. It was implied, but not directly stated.

Your defending that?

Defending it? I'm neither defending it nor condemning it. It's simply a matter of how the game is played. Management has their ways of exerting leverage, and labor has our ways of exerting leverage. SWA did a very good job at exerting leverage in the ways available to them. I think we did a horrible job in exerting leverage. Therefore, SWA won. I've accepted it and moved on. Why lose sleep over something that can't be changed?

That was never actually said by Gary or anyone else in senior management. It was implied, but not directly stated.

Defending it? I'm neither defending it nor condemning it. It's simply a matter of how the game is played. Management has their ways of exerting leverage, and labor has our ways of exerting leverage. SWA did a very good job at exerting leverage in the ways available to them. I think we did a horrible job in exerting leverage. Therefore, SWA won. I've accepted it and moved on. Why lose sleep over something that can't be changed?

I could be wrong but it seems like you are a different person. Reading your posts now compared to before there was an agreement it just seems like maybe you are taking a different path. Could it be that you have plans on getting involved with SWAPA since you will no longer be involved with ALPA? Remember the old saying, you can take the animal out of the jungle but you cannot take the jungle out of the animal. You think like ALPA and I do not think that will change. What say you.

Always! And get used to it- we hug around here- just wait til herb plants one on your lips(!)

Hey look- at some point AT pilots might want to take responsibility for their role in the deal... Helps me in my life anyway-

But again- don't let OYS win and rile everybody up on old news. Nobody's gonna be a loser here- different shades of winning is all you're gonna see

I know this and I love hugs. My question is why do you guys recoil with disgust and fear when I chase you down the concourse to give a hug and maybe a kiss too? What gives?, I bathe pretty regularly and I understand the importance of good dental hygiene. I just want to hug.

Sounds like you might need some sause when you get 800 pilots put above you.

But you're at a Delta regional. Talk about people going above you. You'll get nothing and like it.

But you're at a Delta regional. Talk about people going above you. You'll get nothing and like it.

What is fair is fair. That is the way it should be,

I will get my turn , why would I want to see the AT pilots screwed out of what There contract has?

Latest resources

Back