• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest has NO plans to furlough if 717s leave, from GK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't in the room, but I thought the position was no integration, not no jobs.

True.

However, the other penny that was dropped was - Due to SWAPAs strong scope language (kudos), and the current economic environment we would be unable to run AirTran as an ongoing concern ......

The End.

I could be wrong but it seems like you are a different person. Reading your posts now compared to before there was an agreement it just seems like maybe you are taking a different path.

Why would you expect my posts to be the same now as before an agreement? There was a time to fight. That time is over. We chose not to fight for our seniority, by 84%, so here we are. Continuing to fight about it will accomplish nothing. My seniority is what it is, and it isn't going to change. I've accepted it. I have no beef with SWA or SWAPA. They just used the tools available to them to achieve an outcome favorable to them. As I told Dan Roman, that's just how the game is played.

Could it be that you have plans on getting involved with SWAPA since you will no longer be involved with ALPA? Remember the old saying, you can take the animal out of the jungle but you cannot take the jungle out of the animal. You think like ALPA and I do not think that will change. What say you.

No, I definitely have no intention to run for any SWAPA office.

About the same as 98% of you threatening to strike. So it was ok when 98% of you were telling AirTran to take their job and shove it, but Southwest somehow threatens you? You could have gotten the same 98% the tell Gary to shove it, I'm sure he would have been frightened by your show of power. Sell the story somewhere else clown.

Threatening to withhold services is a legal option to aid in the bagaining process, just as management would threaten more RJ's or entice with more large aircraft.

Threatening non-integration in order to coerce a majority to vote away on average 28% of their seniority with MB, process agreement, MVDV letter, public statements by GK, etc. does raise questions of integrity from the FL side. That's a fact and it's not just felt by the 14%. The majority of us are accepting of the hand that's been dealt to us and doing our best to move on. Hopefully SWA mgmt and SWAPA will do their best to asuage these feelings and concerns about what will happen in the future as we all move forward.

There will always be two sides to the story with plenty opinions to go around. Hopefully, at some point down the road we'll be able to learn to respect the opinions of both sides of this matter because we're now stuck with each other for the next 25-30 years (for some of us) with little possibility of a divorce (unless Delta makes an offer to take some pilots with the airplanes ;) ).

Why would you expect my posts to be the same now as before an agreement? There was a time to fight. That time is over. We chose not to fight for our seniority, by 84%, so here we are. Continuing to fight about it will accomplish nothing. My seniority is what it is, and it isn't going to change. I've accepted it. I have no beef with SWA or SWAPA. They just used the tools available to them to achieve an outcome favorable to them. As I told Dan Roman, that's just how the game is played.
Well-said, and exactly right.

We fought for our pilots, just as SWAPA fought for theirs. In the end, we have what we have, and the best thing for all of us is to make this new, combined airline as profitable as possible so it can GROW, which is the best medicine for seniority advancement.

Party on, ladies and gents. :beer:

There is chatter on another board stating that 717 rumor may not be true. You just never know until you see it in your paint at one of your gates. We'll see I guess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

There is chatter on another board stating that 717 rumor may not be true. You just never know until you see it in your paint at one of your gates. We'll see I guess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ever notice that all you post are about Southwest Airlines or eating ice cream .

Both will make you fat

I've heard new rumors that the 717 rumor IS true, e.g., "its a done deal." Also something that the 800 AT pilots could possibly be going with the planes,, something in their ALPA contract about that..
Anyone else?

For a "done deal," it's certainly taking an awful long time for any details to leak out. I have a feeling that they can't come to terms on a deal.

I was talking to a WN f/a a couple days ago that told me they stopped all training for the 717 so the rumors must be true ;) .

Latest resources

Back