• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest changing it's "stance" in ATL. HMMMMMM

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If SWA wants to retool the ATL operation and have 3 flights at day to MCI at 0800, 1200, and 1700, that's great. DL has 7 mainline flights, 5 MD90s and 2 757s btw....

Bye Bye---General Lee
SWA will run 3 flights a day and fill up those flights with O&D traffic (for 2012, 70% of SWA passengers did not connect). Delta will fly 7 flights but probably have 70% of their passengers connect in ATL.

General, which type of passenger provides a higher yield, an O&D pax or a connecting pax?

It's been a rough year, and the "rough" merger SLI hasn't helped with the "LUV" Spirit.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Rough year? 2012 Net profit $420 million (without merger revenue synergies). Wall Street predicting $700-800 million net profit for 2013 (and we see they underpredicted Q1 numbers). Very little debt coming due over next 2 years. $500 million free cash flow for Q1. $3.2 billion in bank.

Keep looking for a way to pay for that underfunded pension obligation General.

Nothing unusual here, SW is just doing in ATL what they do in all of their other core cities. SW doesn't operate their network like DAL and AT, it is different. SW doesn't operate in large banks at certain times, they spread capacity out over the day. The number of flights may be less than what AT had at it's peak but with all 737's the number of seats is probably comparable. It seems to me that SW has done pretty well over the years with their model.

Don't you guys ever get tired of the "my airline is better than your airline line?" We're all pawns to the guys in the suits. Well paid and important pawns, but pawns none the less. We don't pick what cities we fly to, what equipment our airline flys, what procedures they use, what time the schedule is, etc.

If you need to compete, there are plenty of adult sports leagues around.

Well said!

Pardon me for jumping on yet another SW vs. DL bash thread.
Can some of you **************************************** please get a hobby! Jeez, I'm tired of this. General. Stop embarrassing the DL pilot group, PLEASE?

SWA will run 3 flights a day and fill up those flights with O&D traffic (for 2012, 70% of SWA passengers did not connect). Delta will fly 7 flights but probably have 70% of their passengers connect in ATL.

General, which type of passenger provides a higher yield, an O&D pax or a connecting pax?

Really? DL has 7 flights a day, 2 of which are 757s, and they could upguage to more 757s if needed. You guys currently have 18 738s to try to upguage if needed, system wide. DL flights will be packed, but if locals in ATL need more seats, plenty of bigger planes are ready. Face it, your other strategy wasn't working, so as the article states, you are making big changes. DL just adds more flights and bigger planes if needed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Pardon me for jumping on yet another SW vs. DL bash thread.
Can some of you **************************************** please get a hobby! Jeez, I'm tired of this. General. Stop embarrassing the DL pilot group, PLEASE?

Welcome to FI Scoot. If you can't handle a little ribbing, then leave. I speak for me, and not for you, or any group. Bye!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Rough year? 2012 Net profit $420 million (without merger revenue synergies). Wall Street predicting $700-800 million net profit for 2013 (and we see they underpredicted Q1 numbers). Very little debt coming due over next 2 years. $500 million free cash flow for Q1. $3.2 billion in bank.

Keep looking for a way to pay for that underfunded pension obligation General.

It's Max, the AT guy trying to be the first AT Chief Pilot at SWA. You are one of the only "giddy" AT pilots, on this board anyway. It looks like you have gotten over the SLI, and that is impressive. Let's hope the rest do within the next decade.

And if profits continue to be twice or three times yours each year, the pension obligations may be taken care of. You know that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Really? DL has 7 flights a day, 2 of which are 757s, and they could upguage to more 757s if needed. You guys currently have 18 738s to try to upguage if needed, system wide. DL flights will be packed, but if locals in ATL need more seats, plenty of bigger planes are ready. Face it, your other strategy wasn't working, so as the article states, you are making big changes. DL just adds more flights and bigger planes if needed.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not even closed to packed on ATL-MCI Gen.

Take a look, starting even next week until the end of May (after Memorial Day).

Most all of those flight are really pretty empty, but you keep running those empty planes General. Some have 90-110 EMPTY seats.

I'm not a 'my airline is better than your's' what-so-ever. Just have to refute some of the BS the General tries to throw out there. Just slinging poo as usual.

Delta is a fine airline with good management team. SW is good. We'll both be fine, I guarantee!

RF

Everything you say GL is
"Maybe" this
&
This "may" happen

Lots of things "might" happen general

"Maybe" one day you and scoot won't agree that selling out half of your domestic departures isn't good business in any way...

"Maybe" anyway

Latest resources

Back