• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sorry...I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The continual slide of the pilot profession, and the success of management divide-and-conquer is aided immensely by people like that NWA pilot.

Know what? If the NWA pilot group is not willing to track down and punish that pilot and others like him, they deserve whatever they get. When I hear stories like this, it makes me very unsympathetic to the fact that they are taking pay cuts. I realize that it is just one individual, but the silence from the J/S coordinator and the lack of action from the pilot group speaks volumes.

The CA may own the jumpseat, but not for the purposes of harming other ALPA members. The MEC needs to find a way to punish CA's who abuse their power in this way.

In short, by failing to deal with the creeps in our midst, we become tainted by them.

All of you who keep arguing for a national seniority list; Just read this thread over and over until you realize that national unity is nothing short of a fantasy.

Therer will be NO NATIONAL UNITY among pilot groups. You may stake your life on that.

Last edited:
IB6 UB9 said:
Tonight I was denied the jumpseat on an NWA 757, 1/2 full, last flight of the night, because of where I am employeed. Because of this and recent events, and the disrespect towards my fellow employees displayed over the last 15-18 months...many of whom are furloughed from an ALPA carrier, some of whom are furloughed from this ALPA carrier, I will no longer accept an NWA employee on my jumpseat.

I work for NWA...post the time, place, flight number, etc. and I'll look up the Captain's name and post it here. I find it very hard to believe that this is taking place...but there's always the exception.

NWA's policy is, if a jumpseat is denied, paperwork must be filled out, and other actions are taken. I'm not advocating taking the J/S approval away from the Captain...he just better have a good reason for denying it.

Again, give me the info, and I'll have his name posted here within 5 minutes.
The ball's in your court...provide info or drop the issue.

We should get the names of the guys that won't let us J/S. Then, put their names on a list and hand it out to the NW pilots and F/A's who ride us. Maybe a little peer pressure embarrasment will snap these guys out of it. Better than an all out war.;)

Lucky Strike said:
I work for NWA...post the time, place, flight number, etc. and I'll look up the Captain's name and post it here. I find it very hard to believe that this is taking place...but there's always the exception.

NWA's policy is, if a jumpseat is denied, paperwork must be filled out, and other actions are taken. I'm not advocating taking the J/S approval away from the Captain...he just better have a good reason for denying it.

NWA flight #527, LGA-DTW, 12-09-05, a 757. I believe it was supposed to be a 320, but with the weather and delays it became a 757. Do you think I made this up?

IB6 UB9 said:
Tonight I was denied the jumpseat on an NWA 757, 1/2 full, last flight of the night, because of where I am employeed. Because of this and recent events, and the disrespect towards my fellow employees displayed over the last 15-18 months...many of whom are furloughed from an ALPA carrier, some of whom are furloughed from this ALPA carrier, I will no longer accept an NWA employee on my jumpseat.

Sorry to hear about what happened however,....if you vent your frustration by doing EXACTLY what that Captain did to you.... you become THAT CAPTAIN in the eyes of the next pilot you deny the jumpseat to. Then we will all probably be reading a thread on this board about how this %^&$*&^ JB Captain denied so-and-so the jumpseat. It turns into a vicious cycle and solves nothing. Take the high road and DON'T become THAT CAPTAIN! Old saying... "you attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar" may hold some meaning here. I don't fly for NW but everyone is always welcome on any seat that is open on my airplane.

Lucky Strike said:

Now THAT is action. Good job.

IB6 UB9 said:

IB6 UB9;

First of all as a NWA employee, I would like to apologize for my retarded co-worker I am ashamed of his actions.

This horse has been beaten (as should he!) Please post the flight # and his name if possible.

Sadly he probably not change and I don't blame you if you wan't to deny Jump seats to NWA guys.

This is a ugly trend, we have furloughed NWA guys at JB!

Sorry again I don't know what else to say.

Dave B

Flying Freddie said:
We should get the names of the guys that won't let us J/S. Then, put their names on a list and hand it out to the NW pilots and F/A's who ride us. Maybe a little peer pressure embarrasment will snap these guys out of it. Better than an all out war.;)

Please tell us!!

It might work, but if they haven't figured it out by now..

Dave B

Lucky Strike said:

As an FYI, some of your own guys gloat about it on the ALPA boards.

100LL is right on the money. I took a lot of heat on these boards several years ago mocking this facade about unity within ALPA on a national and local level. A lot of the things I was preaching are coming home to roost on a national and widespread level. I am waiting for Rez oh whatever his name is for his diatribe about ALPA.

Been there, done that, carried the sign. I cringe at what this industry has become and the complete ineffectiveness of ALPA. It saddens me to hear stories of these types at NWA. This type of thinking was unheard of when I was hired. What have we done to ourselves to allow this mentality to premeate our ranks?

I know I know Rez, it is all our fault.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back