Sorry...I've had it!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IB6 UB9 said:
as I showed him my ALPA card that says furloghed on it, .

If you're furloughed, why are you trying to jumpseat? Isn't jumpseat travel for active crews.

There are two or more sides to every story.

erj-145mech said:
If you're furloughed, why are you trying to jumpseat? Isn't jumpseat travel for active crews.

There are two or more sides to every story.

I'm sure he can speak for himself, but he is an "active 121 crew member" which allows the use of the jumpseat. The point of him showing the furloughed card was to let this jerkoff know that above all he was a former ALPA member, which makes the NWA pilot's actions even more reprehensible.

This action is just another example of why this union, this industry and our profesion is in the toilet.

call your JS coodinator

IB6 UB9:

Call your JS Coordinator (Jack W) and have him contact the NWA JSC, who also happens to be the ALPA National JSC (Dan G).

Follow proper channels and get documentation. Be professional and sorry for your pain!

JH

quote:
"Again, give me the info, and I'll have his name posted here within 5 minutes.
The ball's in your court...provide info or drop the issue. "

Where are you Lucky strike?? Looks like it has been more than 5 minutes.......:rolleyes:

Lucky Strike said:
Again, give me the info, and I'll have his name posted here within 5 minutes.
The ball's in your court...provide info or drop the issue.

Ball's in your court newt.

You HAVE to go through the jumpseat committees as a first step. Let them work the way they are supposed to.

But, if you do and all you get is the "it's the captain's jumpseat, we can't do anything..." line I believe you are free to use whatever means available to shame these scumbags into behaving properly.

That whole "captain's jumpseat" thing went out in the 70's. IMO, you only use that to deny SCABS or OAL a$$holes who sit on your seat and tell you that your airline should go out of business for the good of the industry. :rolleyes: TC

All-

For anyone that has been unjustly denied an NWA jumpseat, I would like to apologize. I speak from experience, as in Oct I was denied the JS on another carrier….with an open JS and a 50% load factor….as soon as they found out I was from NWA. It’s not a good feeling.

I have worked with a couple of you in the past regarding this issue, and had good results. On one occasion, I was e-mailing our JS coordinator while he was on vacation in Chile, and the matter was solved. Back then the events seemed to be isolated, but now seem more repetitive.

During my time at NWA I have seen the JS denied once. We were going from DTW to YUL, and denied a SABENA pilot. Before doing so, however, I personally called the DTW CP to see if there was anything that we could do to get this guy on. He said there wasn’t, since he wasn’t on our list and besides that it was an international flight.

Domestically, I’ve seen guys turn a blind eye to get KLM and other guys on, before they were on our list. I’ve seen many JB, AirTran, Frontier, ATA, etc guys riding along. On several occasions, when a NWA guy has the only JS, and there’s an off-line guy waiting also, I’ve seen the NW guy ride on a pass so the offline guy can have the JS and get home; (when off-line guys can’t ride in the back).

The current situation at NWA may be fueling these latest JS actions. (?) Don’t kid yourself; this is a very challenging place to work. Every day, it’s another big bite outta the sh!t sandwich. Mgmt has been on an employee jihad so fierce that Al Qaeda is taking notes. All the employee groups are at each other’s throats. All the (stinking) employees have taken drastic pay cuts and work rule changes….and it ain’t over. Mgmt sees every employee as a huge liability, and lets us know it. We don’t even put the fun in dysfunctional anymore.

Like they say, it is the captain’s JS, but his personal opinion of where you work, or his frustration with this company, is no reason to deny a legitimate JS request. My advice would be to immediately call your JS coordinator and report the incident. With enough documentation, there’s a possibility for corrective action. Please don’t judge the entire NWA pilot group based on the actions of a few. Most are really good guys trying to deal with a really sh!tty situation.

Happy Holidays,

320AV8R

Last edited:
IB6 UB9 said:
Tonight I was denied the jumpseat on an NWA 757, 1/2 full, last flight of the night, because of where I am employeed. Because of this and recent events, and the disrespect towards my fellow employees displayed over the last 15-18 months...many of whom are furloughed from an ALPA carrier, some of whom are furloughed from this ALPA carrier, I will no longer accept an NWA employee on my jumpseat.

IB6 UB9-

I copied the flight status for your flight. The only (ONE) JS available was occupied. The load was 124 out of 182......were you authorized to ride in the back ?

Happy Holidays,

320AV8R
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LM NW0527 / 09DEC LGA 1535Z

LGA DTW 000 1XCM/VOLLMERH] 1 Y MK L22MZM VRU 07DEC
Y 1
TOTAL 1

============= Flight Load - Flight 527 on 09DEC from LGA ===========VIA/527/09DECLGA NW 527 9DEC LGA-DTW -001 FR 0
C LEG SA CAU AU LB AC WL PCF GIOWCL EQ
F LGA$ 10 22 22 12 22 100 DEP 755
Y LGA$ 50 162 162 112 160 101 DEP .
LGA TLB 124

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
I work for NWA...post the time, place, flight number, etc. and I'll look up the Captain's name and post it here. I find it very hard to believe that this is taking place...but there's always the exception.

NWA's policy is, if a jumpseat is denied, paperwork must be filled out, and other actions are taken. I'm not advocating taking the J/S approval away from the Captain...he just better have a good reason for denying it.

Again, give me the info, and I'll have his name posted here within 5 minutes.
The ball's in your court...provide info or drop the issue.

NWA flight #527, LGA-DTW, 12-09-05, a 757. I believe it was supposed to be a 320, but with the weather and delays it became a 757.

If someone from NWA could find out who this Captain is and post his name, I promise to do everything in my power to allow all NWA employees on my plane with a smile, as usual, and will hand them the offending Captains name and relay the situation to them. Hopefully, some flight attendants will take a nice steamer in his coffee or at least make is life a little harder for his gross bafoonery (sp).

The jumpseat coordinater route has been taken before with NWA to no avail. The only way this turd is going to get the point is if the rest of the 99% at NWA make it important for him to change his ways.
I have had several opportunities to ride on NWA flights and have always had a great experience. I hope to extend the same courtesy to all who ask for my jumpseat.

The definition of a professional, is that those in the profession police their own and hold them to a standard of conduct as in doctors, lawyers etc. I for one would like to see this as a profession.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back