Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IB6 UB9

I don't Remember
Tonight I was denied the jumpseat on an NWA 757, 1/2 full, last flight of the night, because of where I am employeed. Because of this and recent events, and the disrespect towards my fellow employees displayed over the last 15-18 months...many of whom are furloughed from an ALPA carrier, some of whom are furloughed from this ALPA carrier, I will no longer accept an NWA employee on my jumpseat.

Why is it that people always insist on using the jumpseat as a weapon! Nobody wins in jumpseat wars!
SIGH..............

Time for 'the list'

Post this NWA captain's name and also the rest of the one' who deny us the jumpseat, and there will be a PUBLIC 'list of shame' for these guys.

99.9% of the NWA pilots will join in the blanket party. Most NWA guys are disgusted to hear that one of their's is doing this.

And yes, JetBlue has a jumpseat agreement with NWA, and we carry unlimited jumpseaters on ANY available cabin seat including the jumpseats. This includes the inflight or flight attendants as well as the pilots. The cockpit seats are available to pilots if your carrier is on CASS.

This has been going on for way too long with NWA. The NWA Jumpseat coordinator is helpless or hopeless. Either way he can't seem to get it fixed.

I don't know if I'll deny a jumpseat but the guy is going to need an ice-pack for his ears after he gets done listening to my tirade.

B6Guy.

OK I understand the frustration but have you reported the incident to your jumpseat committee with the flight number and date? That is the starting point not going to Flightinfo and "outing" a Captain. If the jumpseat committee doesn't get the right answers then they can make the decision to maybe discontinue your agreement with NWA. If you just start denying the jumpseat to NWA guys then you've done exactly what the original captain has done.

There has been a thread on the ALPA board about some of these children at NWA denying jumpseats to JetBlue pilots. The response form the JS coordinator at NWA has been, as far as I can tell, ineffectual with the "Captain owns the jumpseat...." yada yada yada.

My question is did you remind him that the NWA pilots just willingly approved pay scales which lowered their A320 rates near or below JB? Or did these spineless individuals not understand their own ramifications to the continued downward spiral in this industry?

As far as outing the guy, won't work. Normally these fecal matter individuals don't commute.

Boeingman said:
There has been a thread on the ALPA board about some of these children at NWA denying jumpseats to JetBlue pilots. The response form the JS coordinator at NWA has been, as far as I can tell, ineffectual with the "Captain owns the jumpseat...." yada yada yada.

My question is did you remind him that the NWA pilots just willingly approved pay scales which lowered their A320 rates near or below JB? Or did these spineless individuals not understand their own ramifications to the continued downward spiral in this industry?

As far as outing the guy, won't work. Normally these fecal matter individuals don't commute.

I totally agree,

NWA has its share of weenies to use the jumpseat to take out their frustrations, and probebly don't commute.

I will always welcome a JB jumpseater, as well as probebly 99% of NWA pilots.

:)

Boeingman said:

What I did remind him of is who he took the airplane from...and his fellow employees that I see picketing in single digit weather every time I drive to the airport. I also reminded him, as I showed him my ALPA card that says furloghed on it, that I took a 100% paycut for the likes of him. Most likely the type of guy who is picking up a little overtime though. As for calling the jumpseat coodinator, Boeingman hit the nail on the head. It has fallen on deaf ears.

jetflier said:
I totally agree,

NWA has its share of weenies to use the jumpseat to take out their frustrations, and probebly don't commute.

I will always welcome a JB jumpseater, as well as probebly 99% of NWA pilots.

:)

Thank you. However, it is not 99%. This is happening too frequently for it to be 99%. It is happening in DTW, MSP, MEM, LGA.

IB6 UB9 said:
What I did remind him of is who he took the airplane from...and his fellow employees that I see picketing in single digit weather every time I drive to the airport. I also reminded him, as I showed him my ALPA card that says furloghed on it, that I took a 100% paycut for the likes of him. Most likely the type of guy who is picking up a little overtime though. As for calling the jumpseat coodinator, Boeingman hit the nail on the head. It has fallen on deaf ears.

Good for you. This idiot probably still doesn't understand the ramifications of what you said to him. Never will either. I got the impression you are a furloughed NWA pilot? Is that correct?

As Jetflier said, they are probably a minority but their actions really stain the name of many decent pilots within their airline. I've read the ramblings of one particular guy on the ALPA board denying JB pilots. My only thoughts are for the poor fo's stuck flying with that moron as he sounds like an egotist and a jerkoff.

My only advice and I know it is difficult is to take the high road and let other NWA guys on the airplane. In the long run, you have a very appreciative and captive audience whom will be very interested in knowing this guys name.

I guarantee they will speak their minds. The only thing that solves these problems is peer pressure. Obvioulsy the ALPA js coordinator does not have the spine to fix it. Nor does he have the intelligence to figure out that in the long run, their own guys get hurt.

Latest resources

Back