SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
700 AT capts will hit 65 In ten years?

The AT retirement list was posted on here last week or the week before. IF you add up the year and number of retirements (I assume they are Capts) then you come up with just under 700 age 65 retirements on the AT side of the house during the next 10 years.

The AT retirement list was posted on here last week or the week before. IF you add up the year and number of retirements (I assume they are Capts) then you come up with just under 700 age 65 retirements on the AT side of the house during the next 10 years.

Wow did not know that. So what year is that 2021? So 200 hundred Capts left after that?

Fence is for 9 years, not 10, and no, it's 134 AT retirements in the next 9 years.

2013-14
2014-18
2015-13
2016-20
2017-16
2018-18
2019-17
2020-18

That is a much different list than the one that was posted on another thread. Since I am not a AT guy I don't really know which is correct, but this list has much lower numbers

There's about that many on the SOUTHWEST side of the house, but not at AT.

Hell, we only have about 850 TOTAL CAPTAINS. We're not retiring 80% of our CA's in 9 years. About half our CA's are under 50, 1/4 of them are under 45.

There's about that many on the SOUTHWEST side of the house, but not at AT.

Hell, we only have about 850 TOTAL CAPTAINS. We're not retiring 80% of our CA's in 9 years. About half our CA's are under 50, 1/4 of them are under 45.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Sifting through this deal must be complicated as the 30 month requirement after the single operating certificate for the AAI group. How much will be lost in the next few years as the b717 will be separate till 2014, and all additions to the b717 fleet will staff as captains from existing b737 AAI captains. Only the junior b737 pilots will be sorted through the SWA system. Not much lost and SWA CBA upon entering Dallas for SWA procedures. For SWA dudes it is mainly business as usually with the thought of the AAI pilots entering the system. I have gone up and down on this deal as much as everyone. I think this is it, vote and accept it, rejection only does more business for heart burn companies.

If it is causing heartburn on your end imagine those of us on this side. I have been cooking with calcium carbonate! That and pepto bismal smoothies.

Latest resources

Back