• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A new upgraded aai capt makes less than Swa fo with lower qol issues. So money or seat, it's always about money

IF YOUR AN AIRTRAN PILOT, YOU EXCEED YOUR CAREER FINANCIAL EXPECTATIONS..

When you say we'd "exceed our financial career expectations", you're assuming that AirTran pilots compensation would never go up . You're assuming our pay would never rise and SWA would never fall.

There isn't a single airline that is on top today, that was on top 20 years ago.

Food for thought. My crystal ball broke long ago.

I wasnt trying to be a smart ass ATLplt. I was being sincere. Quote the rest of my post. IF YOUR AN AIRTRAN PILOT, YOU EXCEED YOUR CAREER FINANCIAL EXPECTATIONS...even as a SWA First Officer. I could give a sh#t less about the ego trip from sitting in the left seat....which I dont.

Dude, stop yelling. My career financial expectations were not my number one priority. If they were I would've applied at Fed-Ex or UPS. I didn't, and therefore thought QOL from being a more senior pilot in a faster manner was more desirable. Yay, I make a whopping $30k extra a year to be at the very bottom of the list. Not to mention, I see no other gains (QOL) until I'm on the SWA side of the things. That could take up to 30 more months. Another few years after that and my aircraft type starts leaving the property as leases expire. Now I'm forced into "general population" with only my seniority number dictating my vacation, bidding power (ie. weekend trips for the next 20 years), and base. Unless we grow...A LOT, I'm hosed till 2025+.

When you say we'd "exceed our financial career expectations", you're assuming that AirTran pilots compensation would never go up . You're assuming our pay would never rise and SWA would never fall.

There isn't a single airline that is on top today, that was on top 20 years ago.

Exactly.

No signing bonus??

What about the $$ talk floating around for releasing our domestic codeshare?
Nothing? That can't be right. I'd heard $10k on the low end and as much as $30k on the high.

i guess youre right. I didnt consider those possibilities. Ill call Ms. Cleo and se what she says.

Latest resources

Back