• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I can tell.....the Airtran guys are getting gains in black and white as soon as the deal is done. Take my seniority spot ( 6 yr SWA FO). A guy on the Airtran side in that spot gets a pay raise, cheaper healthcare, better 401k, profit sharing, etc. What do I get? Nothing. Now hold on.

Money comes and goes. Seniority stays. It takes one bad CEO to screw things up and WISH you'd picked seniority over money.

Look at United prior to 9/11.

When you say we'd "exceed our financial career expectations", you're assuming that AirTran pilots compensation would never go up . You're assuming our pay would never rise and SWA would never fall.

There isn't a single airline that is on top today, that was on top 20 years ago.
winner, winner, chicken dinner. As SWA pay rates DOUBLED from the early 1990s to mid 2000s due to their growth, ATs growth would also lead to SIGNIFICANT pay rate and QOL improvements. SWA somehow thinks because their growth is over, others is over too.

Fail thinking.

A new upgraded aai capt makes less than Swa fo with lower qol issues. So money or seat, it's always about money

If it's about money and benefits, why do we have to wait till april 1 for pay and up to 30 months for benefits?
With all the upgrades to SWA pilots till 2020 this is a total staple to ALL AT F/O's. What is fair about that? I doubt the MEC will even put this out for a vote. I am sorely disappointed. I was expecting something fair for all.
Pay comes and goes, seniority is forever.

Last edited:
Two weeks ago on vacation in Curacao for a week. You should check FB more often. ;)

And don't be hatin' on the Hendersonville Cracker Barrell... that right there is some ROMANTIC dinner locale with the fireplace a cracklin'... :D

Congrats Lear!

Does Vegas have odds on this yet...I lay it out this way...airtran a 58% yes vote...not enough disgruntled fo's to overide all the cpts and the 4 year and down crowd.....swa a yes by 69%....top 70% of the cpts know not to mess up a good thing...in the bottom 30%, the yes votes will run 4-5:1.....the 5 year and down gang will vote yes....again, not enough momentum from the no votes to win the day......if proven wrong, I like my crow with a little salt and lime

I wouldn't even bet on it going to a vote at AirTran. It may get killed at the MEC level.

Latest resources

Back