• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, stop yelling. My career financial expectations were not my number one priority. If they were I would've applied at Fed-Ex or UPS. I didn't, and therefore thought QOL from being a more senior pilot in a faster manner was more desirable. Yay, I make a whopping $30k extra a year to be at the very bottom of the list. Not to mention, I see no other gains (QOL) until I'm on the SWA side of the things. That could take up to 30 more months. Another few years after that and my aircraft type starts leaving the property as leases expire. Now I'm forced into "general population" with only my seniority number dictating my vacation, bidding power (ie. weekend trips for the next 20 years), and base. Unless we grow...A LOT, I'm hosed till 2025+.

I agree with you....as I said. The hold on AT captain slots for SWA fo's sucks for AT guys. That being said, as far as QOL issues, I always get a weekend line. Been here 5 yrs. But I also ALWAYS trade through our open time for weekday trips. Always. That flexibility is universal here. A little persistence and an internet connection is all you need to make your schedule look like you want it to look. The fact is, without growth everybody on the SWA fo list stagnates at current pay without "massive growth". Every fo on the AT side gets a HUGE pay raise and the scheduling flexibilty to keep their QOL. Again, SWA fo's getting all the cap slots till 2020 is crap for you guys. But, without growth...tell me what I get.

A new upgraded aai capt makes less than Swa fo with lower qol issues. So money or seat, it's always about money
Speak for yourself, my friend.

You will see the vast majority of senior CA's and F/O's, myself included, be the LAST people out the door to cross the fence into training. Why? Because I like my quality of life.

I will forego approximately 30-35% of the raise from average Credit of 80 hours to average TFP of 105-110 after we cross over and start flying on SWAPA's scheduling/pay system in staying behind until the end. I'll do so gladly as it means I get to keep my weekends off and holidays with my fiance' and son for 2 1/2 more years while SWA grows and hires more F/O's in behind us.

Money or quality of life? No brainer. It's not always about the money.

I'll do so gladly as it means I get to keep my weekends off and holidays with my fiance' .....

Fiance? When the hell did you get engaged?

I heard Lear got engaged at the Hendersonville Cracker Barrel, she smiled at him at the check out counter. Cheers, I do not know how to smiley face.

Last edited:
Fiance? When the hell did you get engaged?
Two weeks ago on vacation in Curacao for a week. You should check FB more often. ;)

And don't be hatin' on the Hendersonville Cracker Barrell... that right there is some ROMANTIC dinner locale with the fireplace a cracklin'... :D

i guess youre right. I didnt consider those possibilities. Ill call Ms. Cleo and se what she says.

Careful with Ms. Cleo. The last time I saw her it cost me four days in the 'big house' and four weeks on 'medication'.

Worth every minute, and she lied to me ....

Cheers

Two weeks ago on vacation in Curacao for a week. You should check FB more often. ;)

Congrats! I had no idea. I check FB about once every month. Guess I need to kick it up a notch!

I know I have been there myself, that is where my wife bought her latest version of the salt and pepper shakers!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back