• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI is out, it looks good for both sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airtran will retire 150 pilots through 2020. I also imagine there will be a number of Airtran Captains that will elect to take voluntary downgrades to stay in ATL and avoid being weekend reserve for the next 10 years.

I'm not looking forward to commuting but I think most junior captains like me will stay in the left seat. Besides, I'm guessing a reserve pilot at Southwest probably has a better QOL than most AT line holders.

DEBO said it. The Airtran guys see IMMEDIATE rewards. The SWA FO sees nothing unless we GROW. That requires 15% ROIC....not happening. Look at the history. Look at our industry. SWA FO gets a 12% seniority bump that is ABSOLUTELY USELESS!!! The AIRTRAN FO makes more money as a SWA FO than he would ever have made as an AIRTRAN CAPTAIN!!! SWA FO's get the Captain seats till 2020. Once again....we must see massive growth to realize that benny. Not happening according to our CFO Accountant type CEO. if we were growing, even I would say thats not fair for Airtran guys. But the fact remains...ALL Airtran guys EXCEED CAREER FINANCIAL EXPECTATIONS with this deal. All Airtran cappys keep their seat. With current growth forecasts, SWA FO's get NUUUUUTHING!!!! Airtran FO's get 70K+ raise DAY 1!!!!! The deal is a joke. I mean no harm to any Airtran Pilot, honestly. But, this deal is a thousand miles from FAIR and EQUITABLE.

So I get 2622 swapa pilots that will upgrade before me and a measly 12% nudge in seniority? I'm low enough on the SWA list that some AirTran guys will upgrade before me. No thanks.

Last edited:
And not one WN bro can utilize that "bump" until 2020!

This ought to pass Airtran with 99%! I'd say 100% but I know Kwick aint gonna be happy.

Gup

OMG this is a horrible proposition. AT FOs can't upgrade before any SWA FOs? Say what? If I had a vote, and I'm glad I do not, I would vote this turd down and consider arbitration. GK wants this done, and binding arbitration sounds like a good way to get a fair deal. And recall those AT negotiators.

OYS

The deal is a joke. I mean no harm to any Airtran Pilot, honestly. But, this deal is a thousand miles from FAIR and EQUITABLE.

Bless your heart Big Time,

You're right. Stapling guys with 6 years at AT behind 08 hires at SWA is a complete injustice to your pilot group. Oh, and those young, 8-9yr 717 Capt's that hold the seat against your 01 hires, but will forever be on reserve...and are slotted in with your 05-07 hires? That's ridiculous! Vote NO with pride! Grow a pair, and show your management who's boss. :pimp:

You're right. Stapling guys with 6 years at AT behind 08 hires at SWA is a complete injustice to your pilot group. Oh, and those young, 8-9yr 717 Capt's that hold the seat against your 01 hires, but will forever be on reserve...and are slotted in with your 05-07 hires? That's ridiculous! Vote NO with pride! Grow a pair, and show your management who's boss. :pimp:

You are actually correct. An arbitrated award would be binding, and we know GK wants this deal, because he has already coordinated flight schedules. Any possible arbitrated award could be better for both captains and FOs. You AT pilots may want to consider a different path, like arbitration.

OYS

I wasnt trying to be a smart ass ATLplt. I was being sincere. Quote the rest of my post. IF YOUR AN AIRTRAN PILOT, YOU EXCEED YOUR CAREER FINANCIAL EXPECTATIONS...even as a SWA First Officer. I could give a sh#t less about the ego trip from sitting in the left seat....which I dont.

This plan does not sound good to me. It sounds like a "divide and conquer" plan. Get all of the AirTran Captains happy and who cares about the FOs - especially the senior FOs who should upgrade before the most junior SWA pilots. As long as the Captains vote yes, things will work out...

Sounds like another Frontier "take this and be super thankful" offer. If I were voting, I would vote NO and wait for arbitration.

Latest resources

Back